Thursday, April 16, 2015

Awesome Fort & My Little Bunny Baby....

Sullivan's Island is the hidden beach gem of Charleston. We like it the best because it's fairly secluded, has the widest shoreline to play & lay and it has really great restaurants.
 
During the kids spring break I took them out to the Fort on the beach, although it was too cold to go to the beach that week we sure had fun!
 
 
Sullivan's Island has so many amazing historical landmarks too, look at that cool church!

 
We got to watch a short movie before going out to the Fort and during the movie the "General" (actor dressed in old war gear) said "Wake up Soldier". After the Movie Quinn looked at me really stressed out and said "HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS FALLING ASLEEP???" Lol. 


 
A photographer's heaven. And another very cool church in the background!






 
In the bunkers they recreated the office spaces exactly like they would've been in 1947 when the Fort closed.



 
So much history here, many, many wars fought here - or should I say many wars STOPPED from happening because of the defense provided by this fort! Just so cool.

 
These pictures depict a few things, one my new awesome camera's photo editing abilities. Lol. And secondly how quickly the weather changes here in the spring. It went from beautiful to gusty to almost tropical storm like in a matter of an hour. We left when the storm came.  But on a deeper note, I thought this is just like life. The blue skies are beautiful, but the gray skies can be too. It's just your perspective.....


 
I was being really good on my diet and so we got our special treat at TCBY. Well, I haven't been there in years but MAN- are they GOOD. That bottom bowl is mine, estimated about 120 calories and the ice cream tasted just like cheese cake!  You can tell how little the kids got- partially because I try to limit their sugar and secondly I was SO scared how much it'd cost. Because it's by weight. I was so worried we'd get to the check out and it'd be like $40.  So all of this was $5.13! Super score. Now I want more TCBY!

 
Dressing Viv up around Easter was extra fun this year thanks to several awesome Easter outfits she was given. I just love this cute dress. And her adorable bunny shoes she was given.... just super adorable bunny girl.


 
And my sweet bunny- who basically refuses to look at the camera nowadays. Sigh.

No comments: