Thursday, December 12, 2013

Real Christmas Miracles!!!

 
Ok, so if you know me, you know I'm a bit Christmas obsessed.  My wedding was Christmas themed on December 16th & I just can't get enough of this season. The activities, the kindness, the love, the shopping, the decorating, the eating, the family events, the friend events, if Christmas was a fruit I'd be jumping on that thing to squeeze out every, last, drop.
 
Well, this year is turning out to be a very special Christmas.
 
This is not a preachy statement, I promise you, it's a statement of hope. When you faithfully tithe, God will blow you away with his faithfulness to sustain you, even when it does not make sense.  Even when you think it's impossible. Even when you feel bad for hoping God will provide for luxury things, like giving your kids Christmas presents when they are so blessed.....
 
So here's my story (s):
 
 
First of all, this year we have committed to not put one Christmas gift, food item, or activity on a credit card (for the 2nd year in a row) this month, now matter what that means. But this year, unlike last year, we've vowed not to push one December bill into January because of Christmas. We've had to cut waaaaay back on gift giving but it was getting to the point where I was worried that we couldn't even do for the kids. So, out of the blue an anonymous generous soul left our family a money gift taped to our back window last weekend.  At first I was so embarrassed that once we were the family that got to do that for others & now we were the recipient of that charity, but 2 seconds later I just felt like this was God's gift to us for being disciplined with our money this year and blessed someone to bless us, I was & still am blown away! Quinn thinks God himself wrote that card & posted it on the back door. Well God certainly touched someone's heart to do that. And I pray that God blesses that person abundantly for their generosity. And since then God has blessed us two more times financially so now I am not stressed about Christmas! What a MAJOR blessing!!!
 
And then, if you follow me on Instagram, you know the pain in the behind we've dealt with in the past month when our 11 month old washing machine's lid was mysteriously broken one day. Anyways, it's not covered under warranty (since they say it'd have to be human error), so we had to save our money & wait on the part to come in.  When we finally ordered it, they said it'd take almost 2 weeks. I was so sad, but it came in after 3 days! Now that my friend, when you do at least 2 loads a day is a MIRACLE!
 
Now finally, the miracle of all miracles.  About a month ago I was reading in Psalms and it said something to the effect of you need to pray specifically for what you need. So every morning when Guillermo & Judah leave for school/work I hear Guillermo's car screeching out of the drive way. Now we've spent HUNDREDS of dollars over the past 2 years trying to fix that screech, with no avail. The car was my baby, my first big buy after getting my job with Chas PD, a 1998 BMW 318ti.  Despite it being WAY to small for us not & a 15 year old car & started to have a lot of issues, the AC stopped working, the windows stopped working, but it was paid off, we were going to drive that thing into the ground.   Even Judah told me "Mama, Daddy hates his car because it makes noise and it's hot".... I was so sad, so every day, I started praying "God, we need a miracle for Guillermo's car. Either send the money to totally fix the squeal & AC and other issues (head gasket was starting to leak, etc) or send us a new car by a miracle".  Not less than 5 days since I was praying that INSANE prayer everyday my brother in law called Guillermo and said that because their car could not pass the state of Georgia's emissions test they had no option but to get rid of their car and in ATL their only option was to sell the car for parts and so instead they were going to GIVE us the car!!
 
So not only were we getting a free car but they'd drive it down for thanksgiving the next week!!
 
I still can't even believe it. What a GOOD GOD. Tell me that's not a Christmas miracle?!
 
 
 And to boot, we sold our car to Gmo's coworker & we were able to do several needed things with the money including getting a dehumidifier under our house, which is normally a $3500 job with the unit we got and because our friend from church owns a H&A company & found us a used machine it was only a fraction of the cost!
 
Blessings upon blessings.
 
Trust God to take care of you. Trust that tithing is the ONLY way to live with your finances. I'm no millionaire but all of our needs are always met & in the most insane & glorious of ways.
 
I hope that you experience all the miracles of Christmas & this season & this season is a time of peace & rest for you & not stress!
 
And so this is our new, FREE, car. God is good!

No comments: