Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flea Market Freak!

Do you know what I love? It's the FLEA MARKET!!! I know I've blogged about my produce finds at the flea market & kids shoes finds, but I just can't get enough!! I love bargain shopping!! I'm a bargain shopping addict. I'll admit it. Driving into the flea market or a garage sale to me is like driving into an amusement park as a kid. You want to fling yourself out of the car so fast so you can get in line, and for me I want to get out to see if there's a deal someone else is going to snatch! 
 
You know, you could give me the option of giving me $200 to go to Neiman Marcus or $100 to go to Community Thrift (at Ladson & Dorchester- aka- HEAVEN) and I'd chose the $100 at Community Thrift any day of the week! I could get 50 amazing things at community thrift for that money.
 
Do I sound insane? Lol.
 
Anyways, I'm definitely passing on my scavenging ways to my kids.  They have the best time treasure hunting. We give them a few dollars and they think they've hit the jackpot! They literally buy about 10 new action figures for $3. They think it's Christmas.
Doesn't Vivi look like the serious shopper here?
 
Deals galore...... 
Exotic veggies/fruits (are these consider roots??).....
 
I love the Asian vendors that sell stuff they grow in their backyard. We bought a giant cilantro stalk/plant for $1. It'll be a lot more valuable than $1 if it'll grow for us (with our black thumbs of plant death that is). We put Cilantro in everything. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it floating in Guillermo's Raisin Bran.
 
Who needs "new" toys when you have the creepy clapping monkey?  I originally bought this for the boys vintage toy themed playroom (that quickly was converted to their bedroom when I found out bebe #3 was on the way).  But this thing was supposed to sit on a shelf, assuming all children would be spooked by the thing, not wanting to play with the thing as it shrieks and nods it's head with the crazy smile. I mean, you have to admit, it's a little "horror movie-ish". Anyways, Viviana begs to play with it every time we go in the boys room. Pointing at it saying "dog dog dog dog dog" until I get it for her. I've tried to teach her "monkey" and she looks at me like I'm crazy and says "Daugh" (aka Dog).  So, it's the creepy clapping dog that sits up & wears a vest & a night cap.

Can you tell someone is happy with his new treasure?

Part of the boys loot.

Quinn was begging me to play with them with their new toys. Now not sure about you other mamas out there, but I'm not very creative playing with Bumble Bee, Optimus Prime, Hulk, wolf boy and a scorpion. I mean, I smash a few things, and roar then it's like, umm what now? Then I find myself trying to play like I did with my Barbies growing up. I say, ok Quinn, Bumble Bee wants Hulk to come & play and ask his mama if he can spend the night. Ummm, not sure boys idea of playing is making their toys have slumber parties. So I told them that the magnets were cookies & Optimus prime and Hulk could earn cookies for spelling words & identifying letters with the "cookies". Educational games. Womp womp.  Man, times like this I wish I had a brother growing up.


At the rate this girl is going, she'll prefer Hulk to Barbie!

A special surprise, Tio came to visit us this weekend. Can you see Viviana is a little apprehensive of who is giving her the bottle. :) 
 Awwww, Bros.
Nothing keeps this girl occupied like picking up trash off of the ground and handing it to me. I've recently incorporated this "hand it to me" after to avoid it going into her mouth. At T-ball I curse the sale of boiled peanuts. Do you know how many discarded peanut shells she's snuck in her mouth before I can snatch it out! And that's not the worse. This weekend we had friends over for dinner and I forgot to remind the kids to please keep the bathroom doors shut and next thing I knew she was soaking wet- FROM THE TOILET.  I wonder how toilet water tastes? I'm sure she knows. Sigh. :)
 
Uncle Scott!

In my mama's heart I knew my boys would make the best body guards for their little sis. And sure enough, my hunch was right.
 


 Don't mess with this guy's sister. He takes his job very seriously! :)



No comments: