Monday, December 17, 2012

Almost All of my favorite things in one weekend!

This was one CRAZY busy, but great weekend!
 
We had our anniversay, which I decided this year that we'll start celebrating in January to give it its day & resources to celebrate it "right".
 
I'm so thankful that my best friend, the most sweet, kind, loving (not to mention handsome), man married me 7 years ago on December 16, 2005.
 


Our life is so busy sometimes it can feel like a blur, but we make the most out of each day & family comes first and the highs and lows in the last 7 years have been the best 7 years of my life and I couldn't ask for a better person to walk through this life with.
 
I love you Babe.
 
And God & Guillermo gave me my 3 absolute favorite gifts in life: 

 
Quinn's birthday was this weekend.
 
My little clown, the person that can always get a laugh out of me & everyone else was born on December 15, 2008- how can it be 4 years already??
I'm sorry to every other AWESOME person in my life, including my other 2 kids, but no one can cheer me up like Quinn. He is like sunshine. One particular day a month or so ago at work we were all really depressed, so I was thinking of what I could bring to work to cheer everyone up, and it finally dawned on me. I could bring Quinn!! He's like Guillermo, everyone loves Quinn, his smile is contagious and he can (and will) talk to anyone who will look at him, and talk, and talk, and talk.
 
My Mom used to make every birthday so special for us as she'd decorate the table and we'd wake up to gifts, I love to carry on that tradition for the boys... Quinn's face was about to explode when he saw his loot on the table and decorations.

 

 
Quinn's obsessed with dress up & is dressed up in a different costume almost everyday I come home.
 
He loves his "opa-muss-pwime" helmet.
 
For Quinn's bday we went to pizza hut & the James Island County park lights with my parents & the VanHoutens.






 
So Quinn was most thankful for his birthday party this weekend and Judah is most thankful that his brother is very sweet & shares everything (and all of his new toys)...
 
 
Viviana is just a typical girl and so thankful for her little baby doll. She hugs her, tries to poke her eyes out, tries to bite her hands off, it's just precious. ;)
 
I'm happy the rest of Viviana's teeth are coming in ALL AT ONCE (not cool) so at least she doesn't look like swiss army mouth girl. Lol.
 

Competing for her love for her baby doll is Viviana's love for pillows. BIG pillows to be exact. She just crawls around, goes lays her head down, goes & plays, goes back to lay her head down. So sweet.
 
 My work Christmas party (which myself & the Christmas Committee threw for 100+ people) was this weekend.
 
Great food....
Fun times.
And amazing friends.

And last but not least, Ivan & Kat's "ugly christmas sweater" party which they got Quinn a cake (Thanks again guys) and Quinn thought it was HIS party, but it was actually Ivan's bday/a Christmas party. 

 
 
So that's it folks, an anniversary, a christmas party, 3 birthday parties (we forgot our camera, so no pics of Sam's bday party, sorry Sam!), polar express at the library, Christmas shopping til the money ran out, working in the church nursey, a funeral, delivering christmas presents for "hanahan gives back", 2 sick kids, shampooing the carpets after Indy pooped everywhere (guess he didn't like our long day of fun on Saturday) and a partridge in a pear tree. 
 
I hope your Christmas countdown is filled with everything you are most thankful for!


1 comment:

Beth VH said...

I always love your posts. This one was especially great because of your sweet Quinn's birthday party. He is indeed a sunshine to everyone he meets! HAppy birthday sweet Quinn!! we love you.