Friday, November 23, 2012

So Thankful......


 I don't need Thanksgiving to remind me how blessed I am. Sometimes I feel like the worst mom cause too many days I do not pray for my kids the way I should, but every single day I thank God for these sweet kids who make me crazy, but make my heart want to burst with gratefulness & love.

God, thank you for letting Guillermo & I be stewards over these gifts..... 



And so thankful for my family, all of my sweet family, close & far.  Our family here, our family in Atlanta, our family in Italy, Florida, Puerto Rico & Michigan. And especially for our friends who are like family!  That is such a rare & special blessing.

Thankful for parents who'd go to the ends of the earth for us. And who have taught me where true thankfulness comes from, despite your circumstances.  And who don't criticize when they taste my nasty dry stuffing on thanksgiving. Oops. (it was part the recipe & part me, sigh).

And despite feeling incredible pain everyday, my Dad who has taught me to be strong & courageous & always rely on God. And through hard work, anything is possible.
And I know for sure my kids have the best, coolest, most fun, smartest Aunts, Uncles, Tios & Titis EVER. 
I'm so thankful for all of the practical blessings in my life, like a roof over our heads, food on the table, and peace that God will always take care of my family. 
I am thankful for all I've learned as a mom, wife, friend, employee & so thankful I'm surrounded by such graceful people who forgive me when I make mistakes.... 
And I cannot even tell you how thankful I am for kids & babies who sleep well. I cherish sleep. I think I like sleep even more than ice cream pie (but it's a close runner up).... 
I am so thankful for such an amazing, kind, generous, hard working husband who is my constant helpmate & support.  I couldn't imagine my life without you.

And especially thankful that this is one of the coldest falls I can remember.....it's so heavenly....look at those pretty leave in CHARLESTON!
And I am thankful that 98% of the time I know exactly how to make my crying babies stop crying. And even more thankful that my babies didn't cry a whole lot... especially this one, such a good baby......I guess shopping on black friday downtown foregoing naps wasn't the greatest idea. 


 I'll leave you with this last picture... can you tell what Viviana wants for Christmas? Her two front teeth! Can you see her little "vampire fangs" coming in, but no front teeth yet. It just cracks me up & I finally got a picture! And her little can opener bottom tooth is finally getting it's mate.....

And to all of my dear friends & family out in virtual world, I'm so thankful for you too!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Mom and Dad are so good with the kids and I love that Dad lets the kids climb on him like a jungle gym!

Also, the pic of you on the bed with the kids is so sweet! It's always a miracle for the mom to be in the picture!! I am really trying more these days to actually ask Firoze to take my picture with the kids. I don't want to look back on twenty years and 10,000 pictures and realize that I'm not in a single one! :)