Monday, September 3, 2012

Burnt Food, Happy Tiger Fans and a Little Bit of Tommy Boy!

 Can I say something and it not sound like bragging (cause it turns out it's not always a good thing)? I am an extremely efficient person. So much so that it verges on OCD. I am constantly thinking about our next move and in what order I can do things to get everything done and move as fast as I can to get it all done. So much so, that I find it hard to enjoy life in the moment, because I'm thinking about what needs to be done next and it hangs over my head like a weight. So all in all, not an awesome trait as a parent trying to live in each moment, especially with young kids in the house when you see them playing and all you can think about is who will clean and what time the cleanup should start to get it done in time to coincide with  dinner/bath/devotions/etc..... ANYways, last weekend all three kids happen to be sleeping at the same time and Guillermo was outside doing the yard, so like a maniac, I ran around my house cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, picking up, doing laundry...... I looked at my clean and picked up living room and felt HAPPY... 
so I thought, as soon as the boys wake up, I'll change their sheets WHILE I'm making dinner!! Score for efficient-ness! 
As I'm making their beds- wishing that somehow little boys could make their bunk beds look this nice everyday, I smelled something burning. YIKES!!!!! Dinner!! 
Dang it. Seriously, you cannot be efficient while cooking dinner. Apparently you cannot leave the peppers and onions to cook themselves while you go and spend ten minutes putting duvet covers on comforters and making bunk beds look pretty. Reason number #114 I cannot stand to cook. Who has time to stand in front of the stove? Lol.
Look who is obsessed with their feet! Especially when they have shoes on? 
I AM!! 
 Since going to school Judah has become even more protective and kind to Quinn & Viviana, since he's the very "big boy" of the house.
Do you think Vivi is channeling Chris Farley here?? 

Yep. Straight up Tommy Boy.
 And I had an unexpected day off last week and Beth & crew came over! I can't believe how big Viviana and Levi are getting, Levi will be 1 year this month!
And of course we had our first TIGER WIN this Saturday! Woot woot. Go Clemson! We had a orange party, with orange push-up pops and everything. 
Everyone got in the orange & purple action! 

Have a GREAT labor day! Hopefully you're enjoying Not doing any labor today. :)

2 comments:

Home school Mom said...

When I was reading the first part of your blog on efficiency and "living in the moment" I though....is this ME OR WHAT!? Ha ha! I can TOTALLY relate to you and what you were saying. I am the exact same way. Love it! ;)
You're so good at putting up so many cute pictures of your kiddos on your blog! I am failing miserably at that task. :( Some day I will post again. :) LIFE is BUSY! We'll have to catch up very soon!!
Betsy

Mrs Woo said...

We have that exact same H&M top & shoes! They're so gorgeous! I have given up on a tidy house. Some days I have to give up on a clean house. But I have a very happy & healthy little girl & happy Hus so....I have just had to learn to let go of "house pride" as they call it over here. They say of someone who keeps their home really well kept that they are "House Proud".
One day I won't find dust and crumbs everywhere I look, but today is not that day! I'm so impressed by how great your living room looks, it's wonderful!
Ben cooks like you, he doesn't stay in the kitchen so almost everything he cooks gets pretty burnt or over done! I'm so glad that I usually enjoy cooking otherwise I'd be miserable!