Monday, June 4, 2012

A little bit of Italy on the Isle of Palms

I think it's best for my pockets that I should never be allowed to visit Europe, the shopping there seems so amazing!! I mean, c'mon, a place where Ikea and H&M were invented? My shopping Heaven. Anyways, the kids have been blessed with some amazing Italian things from their Abuela & Abuelo including these adorable linen outfits.


Vivi's at the point where she only wants to study her dress and determine how much fabric she can shove in her mouth, so every picture of her she's looking down!  
Let's play the game: count how many arm rolls my sweet chunker has!  I just eat that precious girl up! 
At her 4 month Dr's appt she weighed in at a whopping 20 lbs! So far she's as big as her brothers were at the 99th percentile... Judah's my strong boy! My Mom always tells me when I was 4 years old I tried to pick her up all the time (seriously, what's up with that??) and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Judah wants to pick all of his friends and siblings up too! It's all good until a pile of kids fall on their head, right?
Beth & crew came to the beach with us! Look at that awesome happy boy! 
Vivi had on her sweet little Italian bathing suit. Here she's probably scheming how she could possibly rip off her bathing suit and shove the whole thing in her mouth. Did your babies love to chew on fabric? She's my first, Judah & Quinn had a pacifier in 24/7, she's my first baby who hates a pacifier, so I guess they find other things to chew on....



 The happy little beach boys! All showered up & ready to go thanks to the amazing Charleston County park amenities right on the beach.
 On Sunday, Viviana and I snuggled and played while Gmo and the boys watched in agony as Carolina pulled out a win against Clemson in extra innings in baseball.
Which of course inspired the boys to play hall way baseball. Little did I know when we bought the house 6 years ago that the hallway would end up being a soccer field, a baseball diamond, a hockey rink, a bowling lane.......

See how beautiful Quinn's smile is when he isn't doing his crazy smile face? I'm not sure when he'll stop doing the Fire Marshall Bill face as his smile, but hopefully one of these days! :) 

I'm still so thankful for how loving and sweet these boys are towards their sister. I hope it lasts their whole life! (Is that just wishful thinking??) 
Guillermo has been dreaming about building himself a firepit/smoker for six months and he finally finished the smoker part. He smoked chicken thighs for 6 hours on Sunday and they were delish! 
My happy meat man. 
And I had to post a picture of Vivi in her cute dress from Debbie & Bob.

Vivi's saying "throw your hands up in the air, wave them around like you just don't care"- you know you have to teach a kid how to get the party started young!

6 comments:

Jackie Miller said...

(this is russ)
I've always wondered about making a smoker like that! Made sense to me. Hey, it's a little Johns Island/N. Charleston ... but I like it! Tell G. he did a good job.

by the way ... I was thinking about how funny it would be if Jackie tried to make her blog like yours and started calling herself "J-metal" and saying things like "part ninja, part pirate, always awesome." I just can't stop laughing thinking about it. Just to try to imagine what people would be thinking. But so fitting for your guys. you are always awesome. (oh and vivanna's rolls ... THOSE are awesome). blessings!

Beth VH said...

You're right. I adore the pic of our boys together. So so sweet! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the ones of your babes in their Italian linen outfits. Your camera eye is really good Court! A favorite quote of mine is "the best camera you have is the one that you have right now", meaning it's not the make of the camera, but the artistry behind it. You are getting some really good shots!

I am so exited about Gmo's smoker. How cool is that? Ya'll will have to slow cook a turkey at Thanksgiving for sure! ;)

I love Vivi's scrumptious rolls. My goodness I could kiss those sweet cheeks all day!

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Yes!! The smoker is totally redneck!! Lol. But hey, when you live in the 'hill anything goes! Lol.... We need to live out our redneck side before we move into a neighborhood with rules. :)

You and Jackie could totally give yourselves gangsta rap names on your blog, you could be Rizza, Jackie could be Ja-queen!

Julie said...

Awww... love those cute little boys in their fine Italian linen pants! Love the pics of them on the log.

Viviana has gotten so roly-poly! What are you feeding that baby?! :) She's still cute as a button and I would love to squeeze her and give her a big hug!! Looks like her eyes are darkening up and she'll have the same eye color as Judah.

I'm glad you guys had an awesome time at the beach. Wish we could be there! Looks like you had a great time with Beth and her boys.

P.S. Tell G he better be testing recipes using his new smoker so he can make us some insanely good smoked meat when we come!!!

Love you,
Julie

Mrs Woo said...

those rolls on Miss V!!!!!b M is a little one, big cheeks, but that's it! She must take after her Daddy.

Home school Mom said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the linen little outfits!!! How sweet...especially for those beach pictures! I want some for all my kids now. ;)
Love the smoker....how fun!
Viviana's rolls....LOVE! She's such a sweet chunk.
What beautiful children you have. ;)
Betsy