Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day for the mamas

My dear, amazing sister sent me the most perfect pendant for mother's day: 3 little angels with the word "joy" on the back.....
The word Joy is a wonderful word to describe motherhood. Motherhood contains the greatest love you will ever know, and stretch you in every way imaginable. You will feel the most extreme emotions you've ever felt, from awe, wonder, happiness til you're about to explode and even at times, frustration, confusion and just wondering if you're doing it "right". You pray for your kids like you've never prayed for anything in your life, you stress over their every move like they are the most fragile gift you've ever received, you cry when they cry and you laugh and smile over every little silly thing they do. To be a mother is the greatest ministry I'll ever be a part of and I am so grateful to God for these amazing blessings. 
I thank God for my little angel who at his kindergarten orientation on Monday night saw me tearing up and whispered in my ear "I'll miss you too Mama" (which made me cry more or course)... and lemme tell you, before kids you'd never catch me crying! Mamahood has changed me in so many ways. 
And to the little dear that squeezes me so tight and closes his eyes when he hugs and kisses me like that moment is the most important moment in his day.  And the little boy who always remembers to say thank you, over and over for the little things in life, like dinner or an event we took him to several days or weeks earlier. 
And this precious little girl who is a total mama's girl and will "only fall asleep in your arms" - as Guillermo gripes to me, and when she smiles at me, she smiles so big, I think her little cheeks will break. 
I thank God for guidance & wisdom to raise these kids and family & friends who encourage us to raise these kids to know the Lord & help us get thru the hard parts together and rejoice & celebrate the good times together....... it truly does "take a village" to give encouragement and guidance as you raise kids. Raising kids the right way will be the hardest, but most rewarding thing you've ever done.
As a special surprise for my Mom, I dressed Viviana up in a traditional smocked bubble romper, with a matching bonnet for Mother's day.  I knew this would make my Mom's day since that is her idea of a beautiful baby outfit and she dressed me in almost an identical outfit as a baby! I wish I could find that picture! 
I love watching my parents with Vivi, because when I see my Dad & Mom dote on her and just talk to her and feed her a bottle, I know it has to remind them of us three girls as little babies and it just warms my heart. What amazing parents, I couldn't ask for any better! 
We had a fun wait at the marina for Mother's Day lunch.  It's always a plus when neither boy decides to plunge into the water, I'm just waiting for that day.....
We love celebrating with Mimi & Papa! 

I am so grateful for my sweet hubbz who is the biggest cheerleader of me as a mama.  

Happy Mother's day girls, I know SO MANY amazing, awesome mamas.  The most important thing you can do as a mama/grandmama is point your child toward Christ and act like Christ towards your kids, and I see that in so many of my girlfriends & our family especially..... you guys are so awesome & I am blessed & inspired by you!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Awwww... this was such a sweet and inspiring post. You are an awesome mom and you are so full of energy, making sure they do so much fun stuff, play outside, make crafts, go to movies, go to church and all the other million things you seem to fit in your week. You are lucky to have 3 such beautiful kids and I know they love you so much. Little Viviana is just ...precious... as a Victorian doll! :) I know Mom loves seeing her in ruffles. One of these days, you know she's gonna have to go "glitz" in a tiered ruffled dress, baby lace socks, mary janes and enough makeup for a 20-year old pageant queen! That will be a present for me! HA!

So glad you liked your gift. You deserve it and more.

Love you,
Julie

And PS, sorry I'm such a late commenter. My phone posts 2-3 times, so I will only comment from my desktop and I don't get on here very often anymore. :(

bethdavidandtheboys said...

You are such an amazing Mama!! I can't fathom how you do it all. Your house always looks so good, your babes are so sweet, and your love for your family goes without mention. Blessings to an amazing Mama!!

bethdavidandtheboys said...

Awe!! I just got a chance to catch up on all your posts. I just adore the beautiful necklace J gave you for Mother's Day! The pics of your parents with the kids are so sweet too. I just love Vivi's cute smocked outfit and that you had her wear it especially for your Mom! Judah and Quinn are just too sweet for words. I love that Judah told you at his K5 orientation meeting that he would miss you too. What a sweet sweet boy!! Blessings my friend ~ Love you!!

theschmoo said...

OH my goodness. SO WELL SAID!!!!! seriously amazing. And the part about Judah whispering that he'd miss you too?! Made my own eyes tear up! You'll have to read The Kissing Hand if you haven't yet. :o)

theschmoo said...

By the way, LOVE the words you wrote so much about the joy of being a mom at the beginning I'd love to swipe them for my own Mother's Day blog entry - if you don't mind. I will totally quote you!