Friday, February 10, 2012

Walking thru the Valley....

I feel like I've walked thru the valley of the shadow of death in the past two weeks with major issues with the C section and now I have mastitis, but I am encouraged because I see light at the end of the tunnel. All of my issues with C section have gone way down to a tolerable level, and since I know (from having it with Judah) that mastitis clears up quite quickly after a day or so on antibiotics. Of course in the meantime it's like the worst flu of your life, but at least I know it is short lived.  I think if I have to make one more trip to the phamarcy after going to the Dr with no makeup, rats nest hair, crazy stretchy pants (basically my pajamas) I will lose my mind. Sigh.

Ok, enough complaining and onto the GOOD stuff.


My Vivi is just the BEST baby. Praise the Lord. She was calm & wonderful in the womb and she is calm and wonderful outside of the womb. Plus all she wants to do is sleep. Which is just kind of wonderful for a sick mama.


My little angel

To make matters more interesting, both boys are sick with colds and it's a pretty heinous cold, they've been sick for almost two weeks come Monday. Please pray Viviana doesn't get sick!

Being sick doesn't hold my monkeys back from doing their monkey thing!

The boys are still doing unbelievable with Vivi. They just want to kiss her all day long. They are ok with only kissing her hair 20 times a day (since they are sick).....

It's hard to get a picture of Viviana with her eyes open, cause it's pretty limited how often she is awake and when she is, we all rush to talk to her and love on her, especially me. We just snuggle and I tell her how awesome she is. :) 

Can you see how Loooong her little fingers are??

I hope Viviana appreciates that she's related to real super heros to protect her!

Look at that proud Papa!  After having three girls, and 4 grandsons, he has a first grandaughter!

And despite the busyness of life, we couldn't not have a family superbowl party! The boys LOVE our family parties because they get to drink "special drink" (sprite or gingerale) and a bunch of junk food.

Speaking of food, I wanna give a shout out to my awesome friends & family & church family who have brought us food for almost two weeks!  The church alone set up a schedule for over a week of meals delivered every single night, which has been AMAZING!!!  What a testimony of Christ's love in action.  We looooove our church family.  (if you wanna check them out, google search: Journey Church Summerville SC)


6 comments:

Mrs Woo said...

Hooray! She's here and she's gorgeous! Doesn't Vivi look like Judah?! Wow!
I'm so sorry you had a c-section & now are also suffering with mastitis. When it rains it pours :( I am still feeling like I've been hit by a truck. But we're getting there. Plus Matilda being so sweet helps a lot x

Home school Mom said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better and I pray that Mastitis leaves you very soon! That is NO FUN! Your daughter is GORGEOUS! I LOVE her little leg warmers. Where did you get those? ;)
I pray that life will settle down for all of you, so you can just enjoy each other and being a family of 5!
((HUGS))
Betsy

Julie said...

Awwwww. So happy to see a new blog post from you! That's how I know you're feeling better. You have had the roughest postpartum recovery that I have ever heard of. I feel so bad that I can't be there to help you more. Anyways, I am so happy to see beautiful Via! She looks so cute and snuggly in those stripey legwarmers. Post more pics soon!!
Love,
Julie

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theschmoo said...

BAH! I wish I were there to help! I'd love to play with the boys or run errands for you. :o( Having mastitis SUCKS! There is no other way to say it. I am so so sorry. It's like getting run over by a truck...then it backing up and running you over again. But thank the Lord for blessings like brothers that have taken so fondly to a little sister and that she is happy happy and sleepy and lovely. Whew! Praying for a healthy Soler home. Hang in there Mama. Lifting you up.

Jackie Miller said...

MASTITIS! Worst thing ever! Whenever I've just had a baby I find myself frequently saying, "Lord, can't you just give women a BREAK?!?!" Hope that's gone by now. Little Vivi is precious as they come!!