Saturday, February 4, 2012

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.....

Our first week has truly been the best of times and worst of times. Everything having to do with babies and kids is pretty wonderful. Viviana is the best, the best eater, sleeper and such a great baby.  The boys have been pretty phenominal with her and have obeyed and listened (and watched more TV in the past week than probably the past year) pretty well for having this major life change in our family.

The "worst of times" is my body. I have never, ever been in more pain in all of my life. Twice I've hurt so bad, my whole body is basically convulsing and it's very scary. I've barely been able to get out of bed for several days.  I went to see the Dr and he said that everything seems normal and where I'm feeling so much pain is the start of the inside incision.. and to just be on the lookout for signs of infection. I just wish he could feel what I'm feeling. :(  but I just pray that by the end of next week or sooner I feel slightly more human again. Thank God for my very concerned family & friends who have found great advice for recovering from a c section, but if you have any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them too!

This is the best.

It's happening, we're a family of 5 (gulp !!!) now! Seriously, how did that happen. (ok. ok. we get the birds & bees, but just sayin..... it's crazy). 
God's best surprise for our family. 
Pinky baby! 
Viviana was born with a major miniture fan club (like 4 foot and under fan club).  Quinn EVERY day ALL day is so concerned for her well being. Judah is the best big brother, but he's been sick with a cold, so the poor guy can't really get near her right now. :(


The boys were very excited about their slippers from Abuela & Abuelo from Italy! 

Did you have real Italian shoes from Italy when you were a week old??? Lol. :)

Here are some of the amazing pictures my sister Julie took in the hospital:






Thank you Julie, you're the best!!

And I can't say THANK YOU enough for everyone who has prayed for us, prayed for my recovery, brought us food, said/texted/emailed/commented such encouraging sweet words. I love you all!

3 comments:

theschmoo said...

STINK! I'm so sorry you are in pain!! Dang c-section. Worth it I'm sure, but what a pain! Literally. I'll be praying you feel better soon. I know you can't wait to be up and at 'em and not worried about what's going on as well. Love you crazy Solers so much. xo

Jackie Miller said...

I had 2 vaginal deliveries and Lydia was a c-section. Hated it. Some say it is no big deal, but as you know too, c-section recovery is definitely worse - which makes it feel 100 times worse! I just remember that I couldn't get up and around as quickly and when I tried, it made it worse. The first week is the worst when you're literally holding your incision together as you walk around! But, after that, I promise, little by little it gets better. By 4 weeks you should be feeling pretty normal. Hang in there! Sounds like you might need more pain meds though??? Didn't want to stay on them forever, but they really helped me in the beginning.

bethdavidandtheboys said...

So glad things are getting better with your pain. You are such a trooper. It's a slow process but you'll be back to yourself soon. Viviana is so beautiful! I adore the pics Julie took. My faves are the two black and whites. I just love them!! We are praying for a continued quick recovery and relief from your pain. The boys pray for you and Vivi every night. Love you!!