Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Christmas Countdown!!

I love Christmas traditions like fat kids love cake.  Every single year, the first weekend of December will go the same way: Hanahan Christmas tree lighting, Hanahan Christmas parade and Judson's Christmas party...it's the perfect Christmas-y weekend with wonderful friends!
The boys got to sit on Santa's lap, here Quinn is telling Santa he wants a "man in a house" for Christmas (what he's been telling every one that will listen btw, appearantly he wants some type of doll house like at his sunday school class- but with a man, LOL) 
I had to put my friend up to this (putting the boys up on the po-po car) - he (the police officer) is saying "this isn't right... ;)
We got to see precious friends, Quinn & Luke..... 
Jackson & Judah (I love Judah's expression here, remember when I said Beth's boys smile so nicely for the camera and my boys are snarling "or whatever".... more proof!)....
My amazing coworker and friend, Gale & her neice & nephew..... 
Awesome "Mr. Scott"....
I love, LOVE the City I work for and eventually want to move here and I have to say, I think we have the friendliest Mayor in the world, here she is talking to Quinn....

The Hanahan Christmas parade ROCKS. You get more candy than Halloween (which we do not need btw, but its so much fun for the boys to pick it all up!)
This is one amazing slice of American pie right 'chere! 
Quinn is telling my Mom "let's sit like this and hold our hands like this" (meaning so they can throw the candy in his hands rather than running into the street to get it, which of course doesn't work as well as planned).... 
Our sweet buddies the Gregg's little boy, Gabe.....
The boys were impressed with the whole parade of course and loved the huge fire truck running its sirens.... 
But when they train came, you'd think that Santa and his reindeer just flew out of the sky in magical glory, they shrieked with delight and awe!

And last but not least, the Judson's Christmas party!
Guillermo & Mr. Judson switched hats, which Guillermo was very excited to get the Esso hat, that's pure love there from Mr. Judson! 
Sweet friends Chris & Melissa  
Judah & Quinn thought they owned the place! And since many of the people that come are like family, they all dote on the boys like crazy! 
Justin & Melissa, who remain loving bf & gf despite their Gamecock/Tiger differences. ;) 
Is it just me, or do oyster shooters seem like something off of fear factor??
John, Masie, Mr & Mrs. Judson, we love you guys! Thanks for one more awesome annual Christmas party!

And there's my 8th month bump.... woot woot, it's coming fast now! 
Judah wanted to make sure we post his Christmas tree! The boys were SO excited that they got their very own tree this year! When I bought the tree last year in the after Christmas sale I anticipated it going into a playroom, not squeezed in their half bedroom/half playroom and a baby on the way in a little over a month! Man, how plans change! But God knows best and we are so excited of the gift of a precious baby girl, and despite our best laid plans that God has a plan for our lives..... :)

3 comments:

Mrs Woo said...

Looks like the Solers have so much Christmasy fun!!!!
Yay for fun traditions!

thetalbotts said...

Family fun is the best! :)

I need your address for a little baby girl present that will be coming your way soon. You can email it to me at candstalbott@gmail.com

Julie said...

You need to be a baby stylist... that pic of the boys in their striped sweaters looks like a cooler-than-Gap ad!

Wish we could do some Christmas parties and parades together. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun this month.