Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthdays & Anniversaries!

December is a great month to celebrate in our house. Not only is there with Christmas & all the celebration that happens to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but I also get to celebrate my little man, Quinn's 3rd birthday on Dec. 15th, and my "big" man on our anniversary on Dec. 16th as well.  
I could go on and on and on about what a good husband and father Guillermo is.  I am in so much awe of what a sweet/hardworking/kind/loving/generous/compassionate/loyal/hot :)/fun/funny husband I have.  Guillermo has so many personality traits I wish I had more of: patience, selflessness, flexibility, idealism, non-critical and I know in so many ways we balance each other out.  He is my best friend and greatest support. These past 10 years that we've been together have been the most full, sweetest, best years of my life and marrying him 6 years ago was the biggest blessing of my life.

I love you babe. Happy anniversary!

And then the birthday party of my "baby".... who is quickly becoming my big boy!
This year I kept going back & forth about a big party vs. a little party and a party at our house or going somewhere and thank God I had the sense enough to think a few months ago that 1. I needed it to stay small with how much is going on in December and 2. I did not want it at my house to avoid all the cleaning and clean up afterwards.  When I told Quinn his birthday party was at Chuck E Cheese and then lunch at McDonalds, you would've thought I was telling him we were flying to the moon he was so excited! 
My parents & VanHoutens joined us for Quinn's party. Judah & Jackson were so cute playing air hockey. I think they are both better than me! 
I love the tongue of concentration here. I'm just glad the boys are old enough to understand how to roll the balls rather than throw them like a baseball. Skeeballs hurt!  
I'm so glad I caught Jackson's expression here. It's so fun to "live again" thru a kids eyes. Jackson was in so much awe of this ride, where the seat vibrates and moves to make you feel like you're on a roller coaster. I think the boys rode it twenty times! 
I can't imagine what it's like for my parents, to have taken us to Chuck E Cheese (well, more often Major Magics in MI) all those years and now they're taking their grandkids! With how fast time is flying, I'm afraid this will be me holding my grand kids in the twinkling of an eye!
The friday night before Quinn's party on saturday morning, I organized and planned a Christmas party for 140 people at work, so I knew I didn't have a lot of time to be baking and decorating a cake. I told Quinn (to make the store bought cake super special) that he could decorate it with ANY toy he chose. Right after I said that I was worried he would chose a fluffly stuffed animal. Thankfully instead he chose his extra-appendaged (slightly scary) spiderman! He was SOOO proud of "his" cake. Lol.


Remember in the 80's when birthdays at McDonalds were the JAM??? I'm totally bring that back. The kids will be turning 16 years old and be like UGH, Moooooom, I do NOT want another birthday at McDonalds again! 
Sweet lil' Levi joined in the celebration! 
And just when I get so sad that time is going by too fast and my little babies are growing up...... 
I look at them and for a fleeting moment I can still see that precious baby still there......

...and I look down at my belly and thank God that unlike the last time I had a baby, I am not literally bringing home one baby and have another baby at home, but instead I'll be bringing a baby home to two big, wonderful beautiful brothers who are old enough to potty/eat/dress themselves (well Quinn still needs help dressing himself)-who are my little helpers and I thank God for that blessing. :)

1 comment:

Mrs Woo said...

so much to celebrate! Happy Anniversary you guys!