Monday, October 10, 2011

Apples & Oranges? Nah, maybe a crunchy apple vs. a baked apple?

Judah and Quinn are usually very similar (to me)... at least not the extreme opposite personalities that my sisters and I have (and Guillermo and his brother).... but then weekends like this remind me that they are in fact very different and have different strengths and weaknesses...
Judah has known exactly what he wants from day one. He's not afraid of anything, he's very fun, loves his little buddies and is very loyal and protective. He likes to negotiate and is very diplomatic, if the terms make sense to him (which is good for settling disagreements). He likes to be snuggled, but not too much and is very proud of his muscles and courage. He's the leader of the pack and always has fun ideas for he & Quinn to get into.... 
And Quinn is the happy follower and my little people pleaser. He's so sensitive to others needs, extermely complimentary and is extremely self-less. He has the best sense of humor and usually "gets" the joke before most of the other kids, even at a very young age. He is a total ham. He is extremely loving and loves to snuggle and has Guillermo & my need to smother their siblings with physical love- even when they are in clear discomfort.
Like this...... (Judah was hoping for a wrestling match, Quinn thought he was giving him a hug)
 I just love it, we have so many pics like this, where Quinn is just reveling in the moment of love between with his bestie, and Judah is like, GET OFF ME, I want to play with my cars again- although, don't get me wrong, Judah loves Quinn to peices, he just doesn't love to hug every ten minutes....
And then at the bounce place, which they have been working towards for over a month of stickers- they were SO excited and we talked about it every day- but when they got there, Judah was in Heaven...
Quinn was goign through the motions, but defently more apprehensive. 
And he did NOT appreciate it when I tried to make him go talk to the giant Monkey (see the purple thing behind my head) - Judah on the other hand leapt out of the jump castle and chased after him until he acknowledged his presence.... 
And Quinn still cautiously goes down the slide backwards...... 
while Judah literally throws himself down head first hoping he'll bounce so high he'll fly off the ten foot slide....

But I also sit and think how amazing God is that he plans all of our personalities to fit perfectly together. Just like my sisters and I, and Guilermo & his brother are like the ying and the yang - we just work- the same way Judah, Quinn and pretty soon their baby sister will be... it's really fun to watch
well, that is until they've had their wits end of each other and have both bonked each other in the head or back or arm out of disgust for their behavior.... sigh....

4 comments:

bethdavidandtheboys said...

so true indeed. such sweet little boys each different in their own way. I love the pic of Quinn up close. It looks so crisp and professional. :)

Julie said...

Quinn has such beautiful eyes and that top picture captures that! He's gonna be such a ladies man with his tan skin, bleach blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes!

Well, Judah and Quinn seem to be a lot alike to me, but maybe because they both are so outgoing and full of crazy energy. Devon and Dean could not be more polar opposites! I think they will balance each other out though! Can't wait to see what Viviana adds to the mix. :)

Love,
Julie

Home school Mom said...

Such sweet pictures of the boys! You can tell they love each other and are so close! How sweet.....
Makes you wonder how the family dynamic will change (if at all) when the new little girl gets here!
hmmm..... ;D
Betsy

Robinson Family said...

I love this post!