Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Turning my inspiration room into a reality......

I'm posting this blog for my dear Grandma-in-law (Guillermo's Grandma) to see the nursery that she has so graciously offered to make some crib bedding & a twin sized blanket for her future twin bed. She is an amazing seamstress and the boys have some of her wonderful handmade blankets already. 

Thank you Abuela, we love you!

 
I had my inspiration room for the nursey and the thing I loved about the room was it was feminine but had masculine peices in it to keep it from being too overwhelming girly girl. It was colorful, but in a very subdued or nuetral way (calming). It had a combo of geometric patterns mixed with floral fabrics, but it all seemed to work in a fun hodge podge sort of way. This idea board helped me narrow down my ideas and make sure it all worked instead of insanity! 

When we're done with the room (in the next few months), I'll be sure to post pics! 

4 comments:

Mrs Woo said...

love it! love the colors, love the patterns!

I'm going to have to send you my pix...if I can narrow things down because Ben can't find the photoshop disc!!!!
I think I need something visual like what you've done because I have no idea what's happening! Ha! I need to stop being such a chicken and make some of the things I want like a beautiful crib skirt like your going to have! Now to figure out what fabric to use!

Home school Mom said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! You're so chic! ;) Can't wait to see it when it's complete! I LOVE doing projects like this.....
Have FUN!
Betsy ;)

Julie said...

Great inspiration board! You should post updates as you get different pieces. That will be fun to see how it all comes together. I can't wait to see a fun girly room..... finally!!
Love,
Julie

bethdavidandtheboys said...

Clearly, it has been far too long since I've checked in! I just adore the new pics and my fave is of Quinn on the big wheel w/ his adorable mohawk and the sunset in the background. The new bunks are beyond awesome. Just love love love that color too! You are so creative Courtney and you are such an inspiration! :)