Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Born Day and stuff!

This year the Lord gave me the best birthday present! It was the coldest it's been in over 5 months the weekend of my birthday!  Like 20 degrees cooler. I was in Heaven! We opened all the windows & got caramel apples, apple cider and I made apple sauce- CHUNKY with lots o' cinnamon. Birthday or not, it was just an amazing weekend.
My big gift was my amazing new camera- a Canon S95 (they say it's the best digital camera without getting a DSLR- which if you're a camera idiot like me, is just perfect)...... so you can say I'm just a little more paparazzi-ish on my family than normal. 

My ultimate weekend is spending a LOT of time in PJs, Lots of family time, Lots of games & movies & laughs! 


We had lots of dance parties, and Judah has been trying to break dance, from his new favorite show the "Fresh Beat Band" ....... 
We got to go to the park in the crisp cool air... 
Climbing the walls without breaking a sweat....  (unless you're me, and at 5.5 months pregnant you break a sweat just climbing the stairs)
And Clemson had an awesome weekend, therefore extremely happy hubs.
And my coworkers made me feel so special with lots of treats which made my desk so cheerful 
And posted special signs around my office.... LOL... 
This is the only picture I got of our awesome date night with James & Elizabeth (thanks so much Denise for watching the kids!) where we got amazing Thai food (and the yummy cupcakes from cupcake, thanks J&E!) and watched a horror movie (even with all the obnoxious teenagers screaming in the theater, we had a great time)... 
And a special lunch with my parents 
Here's to 33! (Quinn has the appropriate- getting older sucks face). ;)
Truly the best gift in life is such AMAZING people in my life. I am blown away by all of you and all of the wonderful blessings in our life. I am just so blessed by my kids, my husband, my parents, my sisters & their families, my inlaws, my wonderful friends that are like family, my sweet coworkers from current and old jobs who have become close friends, my church family from current & old churches, and even new friends that I've met thru blog world. I am so thankful for you all, and you have made my life so wonderful & full!

September & early October are awesome times to celebrate some very special people's "born day" too!
My sweet new "nephew" Levi Robert Van Houten was born on September 7th! 
Quinn was in Heaven holding baby Levi!  
Happy birthday to my amazing, smart, kind, thoughtful, talented, Martha Stewart-ish, best friend ever sister Julie!  (Julie, I love you dressed as Cleopatra, I had to post this pic) :)
Happy birthday to my incredible, handsome, funny, paleontologist, encylopedia brain little nephew Devon! 
Happy birthday to my awesome, super talented, smart & driven, encouraging, fun & best sense of humor sister!
Happy Birthday to my super fun, rap-tastic, sweet sister in law!

5 comments:

Julie said...

So glad to have new pics!!! I can't wait to see all the things you will do with your new camera. I better see lots of pics of my sweet nephews.

Judah is so handsome in that pic on the pier! He is looking so grown up. In the pic with Mom and Dad, Judah has inherited Devon's "smile" face... looking squinty eyed and teeth grinding together. :)

Apple cider... yum! Fall... LOVE!

September is truly birthday month.

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Julie, the first five pics are with my new camera. What do you think?

Home school Mom said...

YEA!!! So happy you had a happy birthday and so happy for the special treat of being cooler! Yippee for carmel apples and apple cider and chunky applesauce! You might have to color your leaves with markers, but otherwise....you'd have a perfect fall birthday! :D
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Betsy

Robinson Family said...

I am a mess! Happy Belated Birthday!!! And you look amazing in a fedora. I have tried and failed but keep forgetting and hoping. Oh well. You look amazing. Come see us in Richmond and we'll go to an orchard!

bethdavidandtheboys said...

Oh wow!! I knew you must have gotten a new camera! I was going to comment (before I knew you got a new one) that it looked like you were using a DSLR!! Such clarity and amazing photos!! I love them! ... and I'm soooo glad you got cool weather on your birthday. ;)