Monday, August 22, 2011

A Life Worth Celebrating!

This past weekend, we surprised my Dad with a trip to Greenville (my sisters and their families met us) for his 60th birthday!

I know I'm biased, but I think I have the best Dad ever.... he is someone worth celebrating all the time!
No one knows adventure like my Dad! Even at a very young age, he was on the go, go, go... here he is water skiing with his brother.... 
Ice scuba diving...... 
He always had the coolest wheels because he was such a hard worker, a work ethic I admire and hope to always emulate.... 
He's a man of many talents and interesting details to his life, but you'd never know because he is so modest.  Like the fact that when he became a certified scuba instructor, he was the youngest person ever to become certified. 
My Dad is incredibly brilliant and the best problem solver I've ever met, and one of the most compassionate and good doctors I've ever met... and I am so grateful for his knowledge & godly wisdom.
He's always been the best Dad. He & my Mom put every effort into making our life full & rich & we were and are so blessed by them...  
They made family priority #1, we did everything together. 

In 1987, my Dad was in a life changing 3 wheeler accident and he has had to undergo 13 surgeries, been to the best pain management clinics in the country and has a nuerological disease called Reflex sympathetic dystrophy and has the worst chronic pain on the medical pain scale, all day, all night and this changed our lives, but this did not change his spirit.   His faith has Never waivered, he is a fighter, an encourager, an optimist, and no matter how much pain he is in, he always takes time to support others and show love. 

My Dad is my #1 cheerleader. He was so encouraging, I felt like I could do anything growing up! 
And he is the Best Papa! 
He is the constant support & encourager in our parenting and is always doing the same for the kids.... we are so blessed to be able to have you in our life!

Love you Dad!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awwwwww.... sweetest post EVER! I hope Dad reads it and smiles! You're the best! Love, Julie

theschmoo said...

You are so blessed to have such a great dad and to be in realtionship with him! An amazing family for an amazing girl. :o)