Monday, June 27, 2011

And the night I wanted to crawl in a hole......

I'll get to my mortifying night in a few... 
I've told you guys that sometimes I think I've lost my mind by biting off a lot more than I can chew, but it always works out in the end. This weekend was no exception. It left me worse for wear, but we survived.

We were having a big get together at our house, with over 20 people and this is also the day we've been preparing Quinn to start potty training. They were both planned far in advance, one date changed and I didn't want to change the date on Quinn since we've been talking about it for over a month. SO,  we did both. And we did the potty training in a day method and so far he's done AWESOME. We're so proud of our big boy. And the party turned out nice, so thank God for that. 
But doing all of that  totally zapped me of any energy I could possibly muster, so what do you do after a long day and you finally clean up after your party and you have no energy to give the kids a bath? Put them back in the kiddie pool and pretend like they're clean cause they're wet!

So the next day, I was so wiped out (it's a pregnancy thing, 2nd trimester, come quick!) I basically made blueberry pancakes and laid down for the rest of the day with the exception of church. This is monumental for me. Gmo loved it.  Pancakes and chillin. No work work work, go go go on the weekend.

And lots of family time on the couch. By the delighted looks on the boys faces, you'd think this "Bible: Guess Who?" book is the most intriguing book ever, deserving of the Oprah book club award, but actually Guillermo was making Noah poot and the boys thought that was amazing.....sigh..... 
So this method of potty training means that your subject-aka potty training lil person has to go without pants/underwear, so they pee on the floor or the toilet (and most kids chose the toilet), until they get it that they no longer do that in their pants. So basically Quinn has been naked from the waist down for 3 days now and this segways me into my horrifying story of tonight:
  So, to get ready for bebe 3 I have already started to sell stuff around the house to prepare for bringing the swing back into the living room, making the playroom a half nursery/half playroom, etc. So, my lovely pregnant brain TOTALLY forgot that this morning I had scheduled a showing of a really amazing leather studded wingback chair (it killed me to get rid of it, but I have NO room for it anywhere- the reason this is important is because I was really "selling this chair" as a very sophisticated pottery barn/restoration hardware type of chair, from the most sophisticated of households....). Anyways, feeling again like I have NOOOO energy at all, I literally came home, put on my "stretchy pants" as Nacho Libre would say and my tiny black tank top I wore under my work shirt. I tell Gmo, I'm too tired to eat, please just get the kids something to eat and let them sit on the floor in the living room so at least I can be with you guys during dinner (while I lay on the couch).  Now mind you I NEVER do this, ever. Ask ya mama. Or my mama, or more specifically, ask Gmo. It's this bebe, sucking all of my energy away. Ok, moving on, so the doorbell rings. And it hits me, THE PEOPLE ARE HERE FOR THE CHAIR!! I look around. My house has more toys on the floor than Toys R Us.  Quinn is naked from the waist down and I look like I should be working out with Richard Simmons.  The boys are literally eating on the floor when these people come in. I throw Quinn in Guillermo's arms to go put pants on and I proceed to apologize to these dear souls that everything is such a wreck, that I TOTALLY forgot they were coming.  And to make matters worse, if we didn't already look like the trashiest people around (naked kids eating on the floor and all, me in my "spandex"),  they started to comment on Indy (my dog) and how cute he was and I realized that we never cleaned him after Saturday's party where some kid that was over had spilled red Koolaid ALL over his coat. He literally had pink stains all over his white fur. We said Saturday night "we need to give him a bath" but then the baby ate that thought away and instead I've laid on the couch every spare second for the past 48 hours.
Would it be strange for me to write a really long apology to this girl promising her this is NOT how we normally behave/look... and tell her that I promise Quinn only put his bare behind on her "new" chair like ten times.....nah, she'd just be like, that trailer trash is in some major denial! 
What a night. Lol.

4 comments:

abuela said...

OMG it looks like a page taken out of my past!!! Don't worry, it will get better next trimester.
Quinn looks so cute in his training "suit"

Home school Mom said...

LOL......that is a super funny story and you must write a book right away! :D I was laughing out loud! I love it! I love all the pictures of the kids too.....so much fun going on in that whole post! :D I like "pregnant Courtney"! hee!
Thanks for the laugh!
Betsy ;)

Robinson Family said...

First off, AHHHHHH YOU'RE PREGNANT! I HAD NO IDEA! CONGRATULATIONS!
Second off, HAHAHAHAHAHAH! When it rains it pours right? I'm so sorry!

bethdavidandtheboys said...

HAH HAH!! You portrayed the whole evening so well!! I just belly laughed so hard!! OMG!! ..... sounds like my life though... I just don't have the creativity to write it out as funny as you do! You are not alone Mama. :) Thanks for sharing your life so candidly!!