Sunday, March 27, 2011

You Know You Have Boys When......

You hear TOO much silence and this is what you find.....
Judah was trying to put a star back onto the ceiling that had fallen down..... and Guillermo caught him when he was about climb on this monstrosity!
Which the stars on the ceiling are for our current curriculum with the boys, it's this incredible book called Play & Pray Bible.. the stars represented God telling Abraham he'd have as many offspring as the stars in the sky. If you're looking for some incredible preschool Bible activities, check it out!

So in our house, when it's a lazy day and you don't know what to do, you have a drum circle.... 

Or have a silly face contest.... 
Judah TOTALLY won... 

And then you have those days or weeks where finding a way to pass the time isn't an issue... it seems like the entire month of March was crazy with plans, all good plans, birthday celebrations, a wedding, hanging out with old friends and new friends.. we had not one, not two but three nights this month where we got a sitter.. AND we even did a date night (check this out.. .you HAVE to do it if you're married... it's SO much fun  http://greatdatejc.weebly.com/ it's something our church is doing). That was a record. But my heart aches for the kids when they're not there... so it's good that's not the norm....
How could you not want to be with this guy every second outside of work? My little angel and HAM. Maybe I'll bake him for Easter? 
And this cornball.  He's my heart!
And their Tio & Miss Kat... thanks for watching them guys (and our dear Evelina)!

We hit the JACKPOT yesterday when we drove past the colesium which was having a police motorcycle rally to compete against different departments across the states and to show the public the level of skills police on bikes have. Of course my peeps- the Charleston Police Department were there, so that's always a plus to hang with your old job homies.

Judah & Quinn in front of the CPD bikes.

And here are Charleston County Sherriff's Dept...
When I became the crime analyst for CPD and came off patrol, there was an equal chance I'd go to the motorsquad or behind a desk as the CA. Each were equally exciting and career enhancing, so I left it in God's hands. I had MAJOR fears of trying to drive that huge bike on their insane course. Just to get on the motorsquad you have to go thru these intense courses and school. I imagined myself driving 3 inches and falling over on the bike (now mind you, I can drive a big bike from driving my Dad's Honda Goldwing and my little Honda Rebel for years, but these bikes are totally different, incredibly bottom heavy rather than top heavy like the Goldwing) .....  everyone kept assuring me with practise you can learn to drive like that, but I guess I'll never find out.. cause as God would have it I went behind a desk. ANYways, here are the peeps that ARE that skilled beyond belief, look they are driving thru the course TIED to another bike!  
Simply amazing. Reason number #48 that cops are amazing. Look at these guys!  
And another thing that is simply amazing, is this bike has a Porche engine! What! 

3 comments:

Jackie Miller said...

You guys are going to journey church? that's awesome! i think russ is buddies with that pastor. thanks for the dating tips... We gotta get the spark back! Lydia stole it!!

Julie said...

That picture of the chairs stacked up was hilarious. Please tell me that's not what Dean is going to be doing in 2 years!! And Judah is sooo handsome in the straw fedora! Love it!

Home school Mom said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so scary that they were trying to put that star back on the ceiling. LOL Also a little funny. That is definitely something boys would do for sure! I'm glad you found them in time, before you had to go to the ER!