Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Longest Post Ever of All Rad Stuff

Fall is the best time to get you excited for the awesome holidays to come!! I can't even tell you how excited we were to finally wear hats & scarves in Chucktown! 
 And go out with awesome friends.  My dear friend Beth & I have been taking our boys out together and since they were itty bitty and we've laughed through babies screaming in our back seat together to being totally exhausted. We were brave and took all four boys to a restaurant. It was the most interesting dinner ever. Let me just tell you, at one point I told Beth we should sneak off to the bar and just pretend like they were someone elses kids.... LoL. We sure have fun with them even if it does get rather loud and rambunctious!

 Ahhh, a sweet quiet moment between Jackson & Luke....
And then not so quiet....

Ok, so at my new job, of course there is all the mounds and mounds of "real" work, but added to the mix, just to make things AWESOME, I'm on the Christmas Committee (seriously, my dream come true).. I'll dress like an elf every day and say it's my christmas committee uniform! And I got to do all the decorating for our thanksgiving luncheon in the gym - (and to make it more interesting, I had a budget of about a dollar). ;)
My sweet, dear coworker Gale. And Evelina cut out my banner, she is so patient and meticulous with scissors! I'm so impatient, I'd probably cut out three letters and be like, umm, can someone else finish this?

Our big trip to Norfolk VA over thanksgiving to see the 'rents. I was a little apprehensive about the trip because 1. my kids don't sleep in the car  2. my kids don't usually sleep at other people's houses 3. my kids are very cranky when they go for a few days without proper sleep... so I was in Heaven when the ride was awesome, they slept well and we had an amazing time with our family.
I wish I could hug the person that invented the portable DVD player. The thing that made our ride tolerable.

So here is my list of "you know you're in Virginia when"...... (and it's not criticism, I looooove Virginia, the weather is to die for. I heart chilly thanksgiving)
 
Everywhere you look you see a mermaid (well in Norfolk, not just in VA in general)...

you see the most gorgeous fire engine red leaves

And this picture snuck into the wrong spot.. but this is Judah - "look Mama, I made a snake"-I think it was the first drawing of an animal I could recognize..  ha. ;)

Ahhhh, Poor ol' Bambi... (oh yea, reminds me of the days back in Michigan, this was your trophy- not something that grosses out the other passengers on the road)
 And hooray for big open school yards for the littles to stretch their legs...
And we made it!!  
Here is my father in law, the Puerto Rican MEAT MASTER.. seriously the best meat I've ever had in my life, his thanksgiving pork, and his turkey is the best I've ever had- and he microwaves it. Yep, you read that right!


And off to explore Norfolk we went.... 
We found the coolest pier...
 And Abuela & Abuelo took us to the zoo... it was perfect, there was hardly anyone there, they were at their own zoo - at the mall on black friday...
Red pandas- who'd have thunk? (so adorable)

Cotton candy bottom baboon.

The classic giraffe stance. They are soooo tall!! When was the last time you saw a giraffe up & personal?

Riding a rhino....

Ride 'em cowboy!

Fall leaves... my favorite.
I couldn't resist, how gorgeous is this peacock?

The entire time at the Vicens house we had such a fun time, everyone had a blast.

lots of laughing...

lots of dancing...

and more dancing (my father in law has Lady Gaga on his iPod btw- he's dancing to Alejandro right here)

This picture is so special, this is the whole clan. I've never met Guillermo's bro, Jose before.... he's the one to the left of G. What a handsome (and pretty) family!

Jose and Juju

Abuela and her little snuggle bunnies

The boys didn't want to leave their Abuelo & Abuela!

And the trip home was great too! (the Clemson Carolina game, not so great. Bur Burr)

And on to decorating the house! 
This is such a special picture for a sappy mama. Quinn was born on December 15th. In the hospital, a group of volunteers had knitted baby hats and stocking ornaments. Quinn put his little stocking ornament on the tree..awww, my baby is growing up. It seemed like just a few months ago I was in the hospital having Quinn.

Judah was SUCH a big help!! I can't believe what a good job he did trimming the tree!

And the devoted fan, still allowing Clemson stuff on the tree....

And last but not least, you know those people you have in your life that you never see enough and then they move and you realize how much you'll miss them! Well our sweet friend Kris, the lead singer of G's old band, is moving to Arizona.... we'll miss you tons Kris!



If you're still with me, I'll leave you with Judah's latest. Last night, he came running to me with his hands folded over his chest (ya know like mary gallager from SNL) and said MOM, I'm so mad and depressed that Indy bit me in the face and now I'm going to bite him in his face.  Where does he come up with this stuff! (and Indy would not bite his face, I'm sure indy bumped his face or accidently hit his face while playing ball).....
If you're still there, you're probably my Mom, so Hi Mom! ;)
Love you all. I'm so thankful for you, thanksgiving and wheneve....

5 comments:

The Tylers said...

I love this post. My fave part is the story about Judah saying he was going to bite the dog. Seriously, that had me rolling! I overheard Thomas say to Ellison, "You better not hit Sadie because you have to take care of her because if you don't she will die and you will never ever ever have another sadie again...do you understand Ellison?" Where do the kids get this stuff????

Home school Mom said...

That was a long post, but so much fun going on in every part! Looks like you guys have been busy and on the go! I'm not fond of the deer on the truck....yes, we have lots all over the place right now. :( The live, pretty ones show up in our backyard all the time and I'm always like, "Run, deer....RUN!" :) I'm not a fan of hunting them. :)
Your kids are cute and your family is beautiful! Looks like a fabulous holiday!
Merry Christmas!! :D
Betsy

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Betsy, you're so funny. I agree! I hate to see them and DEF don't want to see them get shot... but I have to admit, I love venison and prefer them living in the wild before they become food. But you know the guy in that truck (like any hunter) is like "awwww, yea! look at my deer" such a different life. Lol...

Julie said...

I love long posts! Post more! I can't even believe how much Judah looks like you in that first picture!!! It's almost spooky - can I look at Judah and feel like I'm 5 years old again and we're playing Barbies. :) Let's have a "Somewhere in Time" moment and I'll pull out my old Barbies and we'll put Judah in a rainbow turtleneck sweater. Hahahaha. Devon was looking at your post with me and said "why does that deer look like that?" Awwww. :(

Robinson Family said...

Ok, that's not a REAL rhino right? And are they really called candy cotton bottom baboons? Or is that just your fun name for them? I MISS YOU GUYS! I know it's crazy but next time you all come up this way tell us and we'll try to meet you somewhere!