Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night....

My sweet cat, Lewie went from being a normal cat, to hiding, not drinking, not eating, and being so lethargic all in about a week and a half. All weekend he refused to eat or come out from under the couch. Sunday night he slept on my pillow for the last time and monday morning he gave me kisses on my face for the last time as if saying "it's alright Mama, I'm at peace". Lewie was my perfect cat. I will miss him so much. I'll never forget what a cute little kitten he was and what a fun and independant cat he was, or how he'd slibber slobber all over your face when he showed you affection...I was blessed to have him in my life for 12 years.
R.I.P. Lewis Clifton

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Ok, that made me cry! I loved that cat & his love bites!
You were a good momma to him! XO

Felicia Woodhouse said...

Oh Courtney, I'm so sorry for your loss. I never knew how hard it was to say goodbye to a pet until we lost Poppy. My heart goes out to you. Sleep peacefully Lewis.

my little kingdom said...

sniff * sniff** .... oohh.... so sad.

love you!

Home school Mom said...

Oh, Courtney....I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that can be. They are like our little babies. He looks like a sweet kitty.
Take Care~
Betsy xoxo

Garrett said...

Sorry to hear about Mr. Lewis. I remember when you got him and for some reason he stayed with me that first night. All I remember thinking was, "God, don't let this cat pop my crappy air mattress." Colle, Vicious, Thor, and Butters send their regards.