Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Being patriotic makes me weepy like a girl.

I looooove the fourth of July because being patriotic makes me very emotional. I'm not sure why, since I'm not a crying sort of girl, but even whenever I hear the national anthem, I get choked up.. or when I see videos of soilders reuniting with their families, but I digress. Words cannot even describe how grateful I am to be born in this country and have my kids be born in this country and I never want to take the cost of freedom for granted! And I think that everyone that is in or was in our military is a hero and I cannot thank them enough for their service to this nation.

So, in honor of this wonderful holiday, we tried to do fun stuff that didn't cost any money! We made our own American decorations! Don't be jealous of our art skeelz.

Or our body art skills...
What what!
And my lil' July 4th display, which I was so proud. I love decorating for the holidays, and yes I am going to be that mom....

And had lots of fun meals outside on the back porch. It's so nice to be outside when I'm not sweating like a *heathen* in church....
Practising swimming (not sure how safe it is that Judah keeps swimming with his eyes open in a pool where I'm sure Quinn has peed 18 times)....
The whole fam got into the baking action. We even made truffle brownies (if you need brand new 7 lbs of cellulite on each thigh, make and eat a whole batch of truffle brownies- darn you Alton Brown!)
Us walking the bridge trying to wage war against brand new (and old) lbs of chubby chubb...
Special dances at the park with Daddy....
A little bit too much dancing at the park with Daddy (doesn't he look so cute and little little here)!
And my big boy who has conquered his fear of the swinging wooden bridges was now running around them like they were his little track...
And the sad monkey when it was time to leave the park....if looks could talk this one would say "Mooooooommmaaaaa, please, just a few more minutes"
A FAMILY PHOTO WHERE EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT THE CAMERA! Must be July 4th magic! Well, real magic would've been if the boys were smiling...
Dancing at the Green with Papa...
Getting some smooches from Mimi....
Hanging out til the show began.....
I was very pleasantly suprised that Goose Creek had an amazing, organized and fun fireworks display and event! What a great long weekend and a great holiday! Hope yours was awesome too! I'm not sure I've heard of too many bad 4th of July stories (except maybe the one where our family boat sunk with us in it, in the Charleston Harbor on the 4th- and even that day wasn't that bad)....

One last note, what a God thing:
One night this weekend, our plans fell thru with some friends to hang out, so in an impromptu invite, we asked our neighbor over to dinner. Because he lives across the street, I happened to ask him if he had problems with his lights flickering and going dim lately (as it's happened at our house).. and he said no, but he knew exactly the problem, since it had recently happened at his mother's house. He said not only did the problem cause two of her major appliances to die, but it was a major fire hazard! SCE&G agreed and came out that night, at midnight to check out our house and advised us what we had to do to fix our meter asap. Regardless to say, since we don't have money to fix an electrical problem right now, neither G nor I would've mentioned the problem to anyone other than a neighbor- in small talk over dinner, just to sure it wasn't a street wide issue. We would've just sucked it up and dealt with it. Like the haunted mansion or something! Just one more way God is watching over us!

4 comments:

thetalbotts said...

Such cute pictures! My favorite is the one of the 4 of you. And I love your decorations & artwork!

my little kingdom said...

Wow! Such great photos and awesome July 4th decorations with crafty fun. You are always so good at putting parties together! What a cute family pic too!

Robinson Family said...

LOVE that you are festive and decorate for holidays. That will totally give your kids fun memories and great way to embrace life growing up with always something to look forward to. And that is a GREAT family of pic of you guys! You all are awesome!

Robinson Family said...

LOVE that you are festive and decorate for holidays. That will totally give your kids fun memories and great way to embrace life growing up with always something to look forward to. And that is a GREAT family of pic of you guys! You all are awesome!