Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sometimes, this is my life.

I try to never, ever take both kids out by myself after work. I'll do it on the weekend, but not on a work day.  Most workdays I've stretched my brain to the max and at the end of the day I can barely think straight, so doing anything that requires a lot of thought (i.e. watching an infant/toddler that want to dart in 2 different directions in the store, or keeping 2 kids that want to be out of the cart, in the cart and happy) is something I'd rather not do.  But, yesterday I had to make a trip to the dollar store. I decided, it's the dollar store, in north charleston, if my kids are screaming at the top of their lungs, it'll be like every other kid in the store. As soon as I got out of the car, I realized the giant bottle of water I had been drinking all afternoon finally caught up with me and I HAD to use the bathroom. Which meant, I couldn't bring the double stroller with me (wont' fit in most bathrooms) and couldn't put the kids in a cart yet. This is nothing short of torture to get 2 kids in the bathroom stall with you to go to the bathroom. Thankfully it was a "one seater" without stalls... so I took a few things out of my purse for the kids to play with while I used the bathroom at the speed of light. Judah loves to flush, so he snuck behind me as I was getting up and flushed, so great, now two of us needed our hands washed. So, I washed his hands and was about to do mine when I looked over and in a half second Quinn had gone with playing with my purse stuff to playing in the toilet. I yelled "No Indy" (see what I mean about my brain not working) and grabbed Quinn up while Judah was pulling all the paper towel out of the roll to dry his hands. I was telling Judah not to do that when Quinn smashed his hand on the spicket of the faucet drenched his hair, face, his shirt and me- we were both soaked. I had started to sweat thinking about the bathroom horror show we were in and finally snatched my purse, Quinn and told Judah to follow me out of the bathroom. Within 5 seconds of leaving the bathroom, we're walking down the isle, Quinn and I looking like drowned rats, mascara running my cheeks, Judah yells, "Mama, Mama, my pants!!"  I look back and Judah's shorts had fallen around his ankles!  All of this BEFORE I started shopping.

4 comments:

About said...

CLASSIC. Seriously, someone should follow moms with undercover cameras just so we can all laugh at this for years to come!! At least Quinn didn't DRINK the toilet water.... Uck!

my little kingdom said...

HAHAHHAHA!! I just died laughing. Reminds me of my fun adventure a few weeks ago! CRAZINESS! :) thanks for sharing. HUGS!!

Made For You By Mrs Woo said...

hahahaaaaa! oh man. "No Indy!" haha! You're brave. I probably would have just sat down and cried.

Robinson Family said...

Perfect blog. I can imagine it so clearly...which is why I lie awake some nights thinking, "And we wanted TWO?" Hahahahahah! Love you girl!