Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wedding Crashers. Heehee.



Yes, those are ALL of our skid marks. (no, I did not take pictures of the skid marks in our pants. yes, I did just write that). So, my sister Rebecca's wedding was this past weekend. On our way to Atlanta, while about 25 miles outside of the dirty dirty my back tire blew out- we were traveling about 70mph in "rush hour traffic" (if you live near or have been to ATL, you'll know that this is a very normal scenerio, in Charleston, rush hour means a parking lot), anyways, the car fishtailed for about 70 yards and finally spun in a complete circle twice and we slammed into the guard rail. Let me just tell you,  this was a complete GOD miracle that #1 we did not flip #2 we did not hit another car, since my car immediately flew across 3 lanes of traffic (we were traveling in the fast lane) #3 no one was hurt other than minor bruising.  This was probably the worst moment of my life, when I looked back and saw the terror in my kids eyes in the last spin and thought, this is it, we're going to be hit by a semi truck, this thing is going to flip over and felt horribly out of control and like I was going to lose my family. God and His angels were protecting us 100%. Also, in police training, I was able to drive on a skid pad several times, learning how to regain control of a car in an out of control spin or fishtail, had I not had this training, my instincts would've probably been to slam on my brakes and the van would've flipped. Instead, my instincts were to steer into the fishtail and as soon as the tires regained some type of control, steer out of the turn. Thank God for this unique training. When you're in a situation like this, your instincts take over and your logic stops (at least for me). Thankfully my parents and Firoze (my brother in law) all came out to rescue us. Thankfully I have a very handy husband who was able to change tires, so we could get to a mechanics shop where they sold us new tires. We were able to tie the back hatch down and bumper down to get back to Charleston. The mechanic shop didn't notice the whole back axel was bent and the front tires were worn down to the metal threads, which is another miracle that we made it home to Charleston safe. God is good. I hope they total the car rather than fix some major damage. Please pray that the car is 100% safe if they choose to repair it rather than total it.




We're "over" the wreck and ready for some fun. Here we are at the rehearsal dinner, the place where we ate was an amazing restaraunt called Anthony's. They say it is supposedly haunted. I kept yelling BOO, while everyone was giving toasts. I figure if I was more scary than the ghosts, they'd stay away! The people at Anthony's were so sweet they made Judah a 3 course special dinner!!


My sister Rebecca, the bride! The wedding was "You are my Sunshine" theme. She's been dreaming of a yellow wedding since we were kids. The wedding was beautifull and so was she! My only complaint was the flowers smelled like farts. I kept yelling "I didn't do it, it's my flowers" during the ceremony!! JUST kidding.

My friends Beth & David drove all the way from Charleston to attend the wedding!

My family (sans Rebecca of course), my older sister Julie, Mom and Dad!

I had to take a picture of the super hot drummer! I wonder if he's married? He looks like a good baby daddy!

I had to put a picture up of my boys. With my awesomely cute & brilliant nephew, Devon- whom I adore. I think Judah and I may scare him with our "super affection"! I just want to eat him up!

Quinn with his awesome Mimi! I made this picture big so you could see Quinn, is it just me, or does he look like a little man now!! He doesn't even look like a baby anymore!! He's been pulling himself up constantly and even stood on his own with no support for about 5 seconds, he crawls all over the place now, it's funny to have to baby proof the house again! Certain things that Judah knows not to touch, like the dog's food- now is the most appealing bowl of fun (or food) to Quinn! Speaking of dogs, if things couldn't get any crazier- our friend Justin watched Indy for us over the weekend. Because we had to deal with the car on monday and Guillermo had an exam in school that night, we were planning to get him last night instead. It turns out some time during the day, he ran away out of Justin's very nice privacy fence (Indy if freaking Houdini, I'm telling you). Anyways, I lost it.  I coudln't handle my dog being dead on the side of the road, or eaten by a pit bull, after the accident, kids being sick, me being sick, I still have over 20 stiches on the side of my head and because of that I wake up every time I roll on that side of my head, thus getting choppy sleep- I told God- I cannot handle burying my dog, so in His graciousness- it turned out the Dorchestor Co animal control found him, took him to the SPCA and I got him today on my lunch break. Ahhh, can things go back to normal yet??

6 comments:

The Tylers said...

Are you kidding me? Do you know that I had this weird feeling a few days back that I needed to call you and I didn't? I am so glad you guys are okay. It is a miracle. I have driven in that traffic a million times and there are cars EVERYWHERE and like you said, everyone is driving 70 or higher. The wedding was beautiful and you & your family looked like a million bucks!

my little kingdom said...

The photo of your wrecked van and your sweet family standing safely beside it brought tears to my eyes. Praise God for His mighty hand of protection over ya'll that day!

You were such a pretty bridesmaid. I loved the eye make up. It made your blue eyes pop!

I can't believe how much older Quinn looks in that picture of him with your mom! What a handsome little man you have!!

Robinson Family said...

First of all, let me say you look freaking awesome in your bridesmaid dress. The hair, the makeup...fabulous. Then after realizing you had 20 stitches on your noggin I was blown away that you looked that GREAT! God is SO amazingly good. Glad you all are safe.

Made For You By Mrs Woo said...

I want to have a cry for you & your adventures! {i am a bit hormonal at the moment} I feel overwhelmed just reading that never-mind living it!
Rebbecca looked gorgeous!!!!! What a lovely sunny theme. Everything looked so joyful! Awww all the Sherman girls are MRSes. x

Bruin and Nicole Robinson said...

HOLY CROW Courtney... I'm so glad no one was seriously hurt. I can't imagine how scary that was!!! So so so glad everyone is OK and you were still able to attend the wedding (which was beautiful, btw. love the yellow!!).

JackRussell said...

Soooo glad you guys are alright! What a crazy story! I'm so glad the Lord was watching over you and that you ended up getting there AND back safely... How can I get some of that hotrod training you had?? :)