Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Soon to be, Mrs. Jacques.....

Weekend before last, I helped throw a wedding shower for my sister Rebecca in ATL, it was much *yellow* fun! And she was very blessed.









This is my older sister Julie (on left) with my shower date, Quinn, who- btw was awesome on both flights and the best baby all weekend!  On the right is Rebecca's incredibly sweet maid of honor, Christina..... who my boys adore (btw).....




Rebecca painted this picture, she's super creative! And my Mom and Julie made this awesome feast. My question is this.. all of Rebecca's friends are skinny girls.... why were all the strombolis and bacon/cheese bites gone by the end of the shower, but the fresh veggies were barely touched? Just a thought.... ;)









Rebecca got a kick out of the games......





I was in charge of dreaming up a wedding favor. I wanted to do something fun & unusual, so I decided on stamped metal magnets. Thankfully I'm married to a man who knows lots of other guys with *man talents* so our sweet friend Peyton, who is a metal smith (is that the right word) and a welder, knew a guy who could cut and round the edges of metal peices. I was at a total loss as I walked around Home Depot for hours looking for small metal peices that couldn't be used as a shank (cut metal is crazy sharp, as I learned)... Guillermo -as it turns out has been stamping metal at his job for years, stamped these like a pro. My Mom & him had a little assembly line going on! Anyways, now I'm trying to dream up all the thinks I can stamp in metal! We had a few mishaps along the road, including a newspaper permenantly "pressed" into our dining room table, but I was really proud of the end product!


Sweet love song sayings..... this was probably my favorite.......(can you read it without having an Ally McBeal moment and hearing Barry White's voice in your head? I can't, even though, I'm not sure I've ever heard this song before)

PS. This new posting format is making me insane! Am I doing this wrong? I can't get my pictures to line up with my comments...Why did I upgrade my blogger. Boo. :( If you have any tips, please let me know.....

2 comments:

my little kingdom said...

such a beautiful bride to be! What a nice shower and all the fixins' plus your crafty craft. WOW!! sooooo nice!!

Callie Smith said...

great ideas for this shower! i LOVE the painting!

give me your email
callieksmith@comcast.net