Wednesday, July 8, 2009

If whomp means poop, than Whomp there it is!

Here is a mish-mash of the goings on in the Soler household over the past several weeks. Judah has done a couple of funny things, that you may get a kick out of. After getting him naked and going to get the bath ready, I discovered that he had climbed up to the side of Quinn's crib and while doing so, he pooped on the floor. I love finding random turds around my house!! The next thing is, when we put Judah in his big boy bed, we discovered that he has the VERY strong Sherman gene of sleep walking. ALL of the Shermans sleep walk and we all have some funny stories. Well, Judah has gotten out of his big boy bed, sleep walking at least three times. The first time, he just got out of bed and ran as fast as he could into the kitchen, When I went to get him, he was standing like a zombie in the kitchen. We got a child proof knob for the inside of his room and frantically as he tried to figure it out one night, he locked himself in his room. We've never considered the lock in this room until this night. The room had a outside knob on it and only could be unlocked with a key. So Gmo had to kick it open, destroying the door and knob. yay.
I see a lot of this lately, sheer frustration as he threw himself down on the grass when we got home and refusing to move. I'd say at least 3 or 4 times a week we have to "retrain" him that although he may get away with certain things at daycare, he does not get away with tantrums at home. Homey don't play that.
Baby Yoga- Toooooooot.

My big boy is getting bigger and more independant every day. He'll barely sleep in my arms anymore. Boohoo. It's time to start trying for another one- JUST KIDDING. After Gmo is done with nursing school. :)

Why do I love spagetti faces so much??

I wanted to post this picture, because his smile is about to break his face. Both my boys inherited their HUGE smiles from their Dad and I just love it! When they're happy- you know it. When they're frustrated. You KNOW it. :) When Quinn is frustrated he roars like a monster.

Guillermo's Mom & Sister came and visited us! The boys love their Abulea and Titi!



3 comments:

The Tylers said...

I just LOVE all the pictures. Close your ears- Judah & Quinn are growing up so fast. And yes, cherish those loving moments. When Thomas gets hurt or angry he says, "I'm gonna bop Ellison on the head & hurt her...I'm gonna bam her like this (hitting action)...I don't like Ellison." Seriously, Ellison isn't usually even around-he just has to take his anger out on someone!

Robinson Family said...

Way to go Homey. I am so impressed with you all and your firm parenting...trust me, when they're in 5th grade you'll see the dividends. ;-)

my little kingdom said...

Such an awesome post. I love the cute yoga baby pics of sweet Quinn. I can't believe he's already sitting up! yep, time to start trying for another one. ;) You are so diligent with your discipline. I consider you a "Paul" in my life because you encourage me to be steadfast. (our pastor talked about having a "Paul" figure in our lives to keep us on track this Sunday.:) luv ya!!