Friday, April 17, 2009

Fun in a grocery store and bad parenting.....

I though I would never be that mom..... yesterday was a weird day for my two kids. When I picked them up from daycare, they were both the sweet, happy, fun kids I know and love, but that all changed at piggly wiggly. They were both in the double stroller and both of them started crying, Judah threw the biggest temper tantrum and nothing- NOTHING would make him stop. We disciplined him, we consoled him, we put him in the car/cart to divert his attention, nothing worked. We were THAT family with 2 crying kids, one of them the punk toddler with an attitude. So finally after he was pretty happy with a lime and a toy car and Guillermo was holding Quinn and pushing the stroller-and Quinn had finally stopped crying I was finally able to shop for groceries. When we got over to the diary section, Judah grabbed a bag of powder mini donuts off the shelf and started screaming WANT DONUTS at the top of his lungs. I was at the absolute end of my rope. A good parent would've again taken the child out of the cart and go thru the whole cycle of discipline again, but nope, not me- I ripped that bag open and let him eat two donuts. By the time we got out of the store, he looked like a coke-head with powder covering his entire face. Then I rolled by the liquor store next door and slammed a 5th before I went home. JUST KIDDING.

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

That is AWESOME! The other day, I went to mail a package overseas...they informed me that I had the wrong form so I had to take like 5 minutes to fill out the new one. Meanwhile, Ellison is crying & Thomas is running around...I grab him and he starts throwing a HUGE tantrum. The man behind the counter didn't even stop talking...I finally said, "excuse me." I laid Thomas on the floor and let him kick & scream while I finished the transaction :) Gotta love it!

Robinson Family said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love the visual with Judah covered in white powder a la donut. Oh my. I am glad you survived that one and can realize the humor in it. ;-)

my little kingdom said...

Oh wow. That's so great. Judah cracks me up!! Don't worry. We all give in to our demanding toddlers every once in a while. It's exhausting to deal with tantrums!!