Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What I've learned about being a mama twice.....

Oh how life has changed, three years ago Dec 16th, we had our wedding reception at James Island County lights, a year later I was 4 months pregnant at the lights, and now here in 2008, 2 kids at the lights!!


Quinn and Grandpa


Ok, so it sounds so cheesy and cliche, but I am really just trying to savor each moment this time... I know how fast these three months of leave fly by and even more sad, I know how fast babies first year goes by... it really seems like yesterday that Judah was Quinns age... Anyways, these are some of the things I've come to appreciate even more this go round.......






1. To be thankful for a crying baby especially at night... even though it sucks to get up, that is that much more time you get to snuggle and spend with your bebe (without making your sweet toddler feel jealous either).....






2. Be thankful for a husband who helps with your kids ALL the time, especially at night, even when we have conversations that go like this at 4am Me: "why did you stop feeding him?" Gmo: "because he pushed the bottle out of his mouth" Me: "he's two weeks old, his arms are like windmills, he didn't mean to push it out of his mouth" Gmo: "ok, but i think he's done"






3. Be leery of too quiet moments, like two days ago when I was taking my thirty second shower and Judah was sooo quiet, found out the ONE non-baby proof item (my side pocket of diaper bag) had a tube of burgundy lip gloss in it, which Judah had opened and proceeded to paint the couch with.......






4. Instead of griping about all of my post labor pains, I'm just thankful I didn't tear all the way. Being afraid to poop isn't a daily activity I want to add to my list of things to do....






5. Instead of being frustrated that again nursing didn't quite work out for us, be thankful for the few drops of liquid gold that come out with each pumping session.... also, on a side note, Quinn has gained 25 ounces (over a lb and a half) in two weeks, Dr Vasko was shocked and said that since he's getting so big, so fast, we can cut down his feedings! Yay... so now we're pushing him to drinking every two hours at night, not one! And just so you know what a little hoss my lil man is, he drinks almost 48 ounces a day!!! Yikes.. can you imagine if I were only nursing?? Can you say Pam Anderson??






6. I LOVE naps and LOVE just holding Quinn or Judah.. with Judah I would be so anxious that while I was holding Judah I should/could be doing a whole bunch of other necessary stuff....like clean or get dinner ready.






7. Quick showers... they're awesome.. about the only way I save water nowadays, considering we're running the dishwasher and washer like we're training them for marathons!! But it does suck that twice I've left the shower with conditioner in my hair.. about five minutes of blowdrying hair that is still wet makes me finally realize that OPPS... I did it again.....






And last but not least, I am just so incredibly thankful for all of our blessings. I feel incredibly sucessful & "rich" because of what God has given to me with my amazing family...

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

I love looking at your precious boys. You are a great mommy! Suck it all in girl! Now we can testify to how fast it truly goes.

The Tylers said...

OH man...I am so sad that Quinn is getting to be so big and I haven't seen him. I am just going to have to swing by without a meal & bring a meal next week! UGH! Long story...we are putting our house on the market & hoping to buy out in the country cause 'cars are like eggs..they're cheaper in the country." :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney - Congrats on your new little addition!! He is gorgeous! I know you have been busy, but email me when you get a chance, ok and fill me on the details! Love ya- Kelley