Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seasons of Life

You know the Bible verse and the Byrds song, Turn, Turn, Turn, that is so life right now, I wanted to post this so all of my peeps can also be praying for these pivotal events in my friends lives right now:

1. I have several pregnant friends and due to my post-partem brain, if I forget someone, I am soo sorry! But- here are their names and they each need special prayers during their pregnancies: Jackie Miller, Jessica Riley, Shelley Talbott, Lauren Cook and Brenda McBride. I am sooo excited for the sweet miracle in each of them and honestly cannot wait for more awesome moral/loving/Christian people to be born on this earth!

2. My best friend- Elizabeth Quinton is closing down her amazing baby boutique- Wonderland. It's been her dream forever to open a baby store and after 15 months it's closing doors... it's been a great run, I've love EVERY item I've gotten at Wonderland and am proud to know I was the FIRST person to buy something the day they opened and will be there on the last day at closing. I know God has a special plan for Elizabeth and her next stage in life.

3. My friend and Guillermo's coworker Joe Oglesby lost his brother last week to a heart attack. He was in his early 50's and he was Joe's best friend. I can't imagine losing a sibling!!!

4. My sister and my friend, Lindsey- Elizabeth's sister both got engaged in December and are planning awesome weddings which I'm SO excited about!!

5. My friend Lee and Jamie are putting their house on the market and starting the enormous and exciting adventure of building a house!

Thanks for your prayers!!

4 comments:

The Tylers said...

You are too sweet! It is a good thing we didn't wait for the weekend to get together...the house is showing AND Jamie's family is coming in town. We will probably go to the 9:30 service but if not, hopefully we will see you Sunday. Then again, I am not sure making it to church was in my agenda until Ellison was like 4 months!!!

The Tylers said...

You are too sweet! It is a good thing we didn't wait for the weekend to get together...the house is showing AND Jamie's family is coming in town. We will probably go to the 9:30 service but if not, hopefully we will see you Sunday. Then again, I am not sure making it to church was in my agenda until Ellison was like 4 months!!!

elizabeth said...

you are the best friend in the whole, wide wide world. ever. forever-ever. i loves ya!

The Cooks said...

Courtney,
Thank you so much for the prayers. I am definitely feeling this third trimester coming on strong. Just 11 weeks left.

Your boys are precious! And yes, 5 poopy diapers in that amount of time -- most DEFINITELY should get you a day at the spa!

We should get together sometime soon -- now that we are both Charlestonians!