Monday, December 22, 2008

It's raining men......

I just realized that I'm totally surrounded by men. My husband, 2 sons, a male dog and even a male cat. That's ok, I'm not really too much of a girly girl, I can hang with the boys! I love my boys and wouldn't change it for anything.
It is so precious seeing Judah loving on "his baby"... he might be in the middle of a major naughty moment and I'll say, did you give the baby a kiss today and he'll stop, run to Quinn, kiss him and hug him and then be on his merry (or naughty) little way!

Judah is the king of crazy faces... some we've taught him, others he is immitating Guillermo and I... this face is what he did when I asked him if he could smile for the camera, it's his "big eyes" that he gives me when he's immitating me being serious. That's one silly kid!
Here's another one of Judah being sweet to Quinn, just warms a mama's heart!


Children are the best Christmas present ever. We are so blessed.


Quinn had his first Dr's appt today and he's only lost 3 ounces! He got a good check up, but we just need to watch to make sure he doesn't get more "yellow".. since it's hard to tell if he has Guillermo's skin tone, we can't tell if he's yellow from jaundice or golden skin tone! Anyways, we've been having fun running around doing the last of our Christmas shopping and doing lots of fun stuff for Judah to keep him from going stir crazy and make him feel special. Judah has been 70% sweet and the good boy we had pre-baby bro and 30% monster man. He's thrown more tantrums and not even the threat of a spanking (or actual spanking) makes him obey. We've tried to cut him some breaks since I know it's frustrating for him to have a new baby around, and we've shown him tons of special attention, but he still gets so irritated and then does something naughty or throws a tantrum. Any suggestions of how to help a toddler thru this phase in his life would be much appreciated!


5 comments:

The Tylers said...

Hey! I don't want to call because I am always scared I will wake you guys up or something. I need to come see that baby and bring yall a little something but now it is time for Christmas stuff so I guess I will see you AFTER Christmas. Good luck with the tantrums. Honestly, what helped Thomas adjust was having REALLY special time with him when the baby was sleeping (arts & crafts...not just sitting & watching tv). I scheduled Thomas' down time when the baby was up. Does that make sense? Anyway, we are praying for you guys. Talk to you soon. -Lee

The Tylers said...

Oh I forgot...keep an eye on that jaundice...the tylers are the kings and queens of jaundice! Feed, feed, feed and get some sunshine on that baby :) Hugs to you all. -Lee

Robinson Family said...

Those pics of Big Bro giving the Lil' Man love is adorable! You do have some great men in your life. ;-) T-Banks always helps me out when I need a little "advice" on dealing with some not so precious behavior out of my Roo. I'm sure she'd love an email or call. Peace and Glad tidings!

Garrett said...

Maybe you have a baby made of gold. If so, take advantage of it. If you and G-mo are producing golden children then you might be on to something big. Be sure not to forget my 10%.

JackRussell said...

Isn't it just the sweetest thing when they lay on your shoulder with the hands under their face? AAHHHH I love it!! Quinn sure looks like a sweetie. Noa was jaundiced... no big deal. Lay him by the window - he'll be fine. And, maybe if he's really blessed, he'll just keep that dark complexion that we all want!