Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day.....

So Christmas day was very special, I LOVE spending time with our families and it was so exciting seeing the kids open up all their gifts! Quinn was a little angel and slept the whole time. Judah kept stealing all of his sweet cousin- Devon's gifts and trying to play with them... for his birthday I know to get him toy airplanes, I think that may be the new obsession for Judah....
So Christmas night my hormones got the better of me and I ended up having a crying fest at home with Gmo (poor Gmo).. since I'm normally very non-emotional I think Gmo likes when I cry which is good cause with both babies, I've been a weepy mess. I guess the things that get me the most is overwhelming feeling is gratitude and thankfulness for my sweet family. Then secondly I think about how fast these past few weeks are going and how fast this 12 weeks will go, then I think about how fast these boys will grow up and I think about how much of their lives I'll miss while I'm at work. Then I think about how I was not made to cry, cause I look like such a fool when I cry, my whole face contorts, my body shakes, where as my friends who cry all the time look like totally normal people with water coming out of their eyes... lol.
Ok, one story I forgot to say, God literally saved our Christmas brisket and our house early Christmas morning.... Since Quinn is getting a combo of pumped milk and expressed milk, I pump about 5/6 times a day. That night my boobs were hurting sooo bad, (sorry guys) I decided to pump much earlier than I needed to at 230am.... when I went to the kitchen to clean the bottles I noticed our grill was totally on fire. Guillermo had converted our old grill into a smoker and some time in the night the layer of fat on the brisket caught on fire and it was so hot and burning so hard, it melted the grill! Had I not seen that, it probably would've caught our bushes, fence, house on fire, the fire was so big. Guillermo got the fire out and this made me cry too.. he had worked on that meat for 12 hours that day already making the smoker and seasoning the meat. The good news was, Guillermo caught off the charred parts and did the meat in the oven- it actually turned out good too!! :) It still amazes me how God watches over us all the time!
My little Christmas elf.....
Talk about spoiled, Grandpa and Mimi got Judah a mini-atv...... which at first he was very scared, now he loves it and no matter what he hits, he won't take his finger off the "go" button!


Abuela, Judah, Gmo, Titi Carla, Tio Ivan, Abuelo and Quinn..... lots o' Puerto Rican pride!! :)

My sister Julie and nephew Devon, the sweetest most calm child you will ever meet!



My big Christmas elf!





2 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Family is such a blessing. Kids make us realize that more and more I think. Just know you are totally normal with your crying fits...just had a baby and the holidays together? Oh, I'd be a mess. As it is I still cry at commercials. Belated Feliz Navidad!

JackRussell said...

I can't believe your boobs saved the day! What a great story! I'm glad the meat still turned out too...