Wednesday, December 31, 2008

About Quinn......

3 posts in one day! I think it's a record!
My sister Julie took these precious photos in the hospital... I was so blessed that she took the photos again, becuase when I think back to Judah as a newborn, I think about the photos she took of us, not an actual recollection of that time... I have a HORRIBLE memory.... so it was so awesome that she drove all the way from the dirty dirty, ATL to be with us... ANYways, about Quinn. I have been blessed with another non-crying baby- except when he needs something (fed, changed, held). I am soooo thankful for this too since Judah can sleep thru anything, he has slept thru many a night of Guillermo and I hammering on walls, moving furniture, laughing, friends over talking and he sleeps right thru it, but he wakes up EVERY time Quinn cries at night (which is every time we change his diaper)... so luckily Quinn quiets down as soon as he gets his diaper back on and a bottle in his mouth, therefore Judah goes back to sleep. Quinn has such a sweet temperment, he sleeps a LOT and up until a few days ago, he ate only a little bit (one or one and a half ounces) at each feeding and quite regularly would eat once an hour or every hour and half. Thankfully as of yesterday his appetite seems a lot bigger, drank almost 4 ounces at each feeding and he's sleeping for longer stretches because of it. It's amazing how God gives you strength to get thru the sleepless nights/days. I actually feel rested most of the time, thanks to Guillermo's help- I'm afraid I'll feel and look like a zombie next week when he's back full time all week. I'll keep Judah in daycare two days a week, so he doesn't have a culture shock in march and keeps his schedule. Judah out of the blue has decided that Quinn's name is either Barney or Bunny. It's hard to make out what he's saying, but he made it up all on his own. Judah has only seen Barney two or three times and we read about bunnies all the time, so we're sort of inclined to think he's saying bunny, but Barney is funnier. We're trying to manage Judah's many temper tantrums and show him lots and lots of love, attention and special care. Judah has been at the extremes of emotion for the past two weeks, some of the sweetest sides I've ever seen of him and also the naughtiest... complete disregard for us and obeying..... so that's that! If you've stuck thru this entire novel, you're great. :) Time to go... finally two babies down for naps and I have a house to clean and laundry to fold and desperately need a snuggle from my hubby.















7 comments:

The Tylers said...

ARE YOU KIDDING? Those are the best pictures EVER! I am so glad he is an easy baby. We will be bringing a meal when G goes back to work.

The Mabrys said...

Congrats! You look great. I love your pictures.

Bruin and Nicole Robinson said...

OMG... you look BEAUTIFUL! and of course, little Quinn is beautiful, too. YAY! Congrats again! Ya'll did good (again!). lol.

Robinson Family said...

Your sister is SO talented! Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures and you could be a model. SERIOUSLY Coco. Love the Quinn onsie too. ;-)

The DeFoor Family said...

AWESOME PICS!! He is as gorgeous as his mama!! I am so elated for you guys. Hopefully we can see ya'll on our next visit. Take care and Happy New Year!!

JackRussell said...

O.k... I've been waiting for a moment to sit down and read this blog about "Barney." :) I'm sooo glad you have a good, sweet, new baby on your hands! Those pictures are the sweetest. I love his outfit (looks way more special than anything Noa has ever worn!), and you look really good and young in these pictures! I know you'll look back and love them! What do you need? What can we do for you?

my little kingdom said...

I'm just now catching up! I know, I know, bad friend. But anyways, I love love love the photos Julie took of you and sweet Quinn. You both look great and you my dear are gorgeous. You don't look like you just popped out a baby!