Monday, November 3, 2008

The Fair = Fat Kids Paradise! (or should be)

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the fair this year. I purposely ate a very light lunch to have TONS of room for fat kids food at the fair.. out of hunger I decided instead of waiting for the perfect food I got a very disappointing fried clam strip combo and after that I couldn't make up my mind which fried item would make up for the disappointment. Half a bag of cotton candy and a caramel apple later, I was still feeling like I had a fair food void in my stomach that wasn't filled. Considering how much money we had already spent I decided not to buy 14 things we could get from Walmart (corndogs, slices of pizza, corn) just to put me in a fair food coma... next year we'll strategically plan to hit the food isle first and not after an hour and a half to settle for something lame. :)

Judah's favorite part of the night, when Aunit E (Elizabeth) shared her sprinkle covered ice cream with him....
This is our friend Gary chatting it up with the world's smallest lady (who was a major grump last year).. Gary is so charasmatic, he thought he could cheer her up.. anyways, I guess if i sat behind a sign that said "$10,000 reward if I'm not ALIVE...." I'd be a grump too!

YES, this is my child, on a leash. Bought it the day before... hey-
1 year old (who won't stay in his stroller for many hours) + fair + crazy rednecks and who knows who else = Judah on a leash. Get over it. ;)


Judah and Dad doing silly faces on the carasouel.






7 comments:

Robinson Family said...

I LOVE fair food! I read something that compared the "nutritional" value of fried snickers, funnel cakes, etc. and the fried snickers was actually the "healthiest" one. Go figure. That's the one I try to avoid! Oh well. Good thing I don't eat fair food to train for a marathon.

The Tylers said...

Yes I am very sad that the fair food is not friends with my gallbladder...maybe next year when I have surgery! Judah looks so stinkin' cute. I just love the one of him on the horse.

Bruin and Nicole Robinson said...

We spent $30 on two Gyros, a fried snickers and an elephant ear!! so expensive!! and btw, I LOVE that Judah has a 'leash' on. I tell Bruin all the time I will totally get one and use it! I'd rather my kid looks crazy than have them taken from me!!!!!

Beth said...

Such a good post. I love Judah's skinny jeans. He's so stylish... or is that his Momma? :) Looks like ya'll had fun at the fair... I missed the food this year but it sounds like you weren't too impressed by it. By the way, Judah's partner in crime has a leash now too. I bought it 2 weeks ago out of desperation when we were at Wal-Mart and he was being a wild man. It wasn't a pretty site .. the leash thing. Didn't work so hot for us. I asked him yesterday before we went into the mall if he wanted to wear his leash. Of course the response was a resounding "no!".

Anonymous said...

I am all for the leash. I have had one ready and waiting to embarrass my child with for 3 years. I don't see how it will still fit for an eighteen year old but that is where creative genius comes in. Brenda McB

JackRussell said...

I know what you were missing... FUNNEL CAKES!!! That's what you should've went for. And, I definitely would've gotten a corn dog too - even though they're at Wal-mart. I can't get enough corn dogs.

Nice Ninja costume too! I can tell Judah thought he was hot stuff!! You're a super fun mommy! I can't believe you're like 2 weeks away from another one!

JackRussell said...

p.s. Leash = sanity. love it. (I accidentally typed "leech" at first - that would = INsanity!)