Monday, November 17, 2008

Drum Circle and Kenny G

I'm always sad when the weekend is over, this weekend was no exception.. we had lots of laughs with Judah this weekend.. he definitely is a clown! I guess when I'm in serious mama-mode I speak to Judah with big eyes (you know, to emphasize that I mean business) - so lately he's been imitating me, when I start to get serious, he opens his eyes really big and looks right at me with a snarky face. Then we burst out laughing.. so we gave each other "big eyes" all weekend. No pictures, but I'm sure this is what we looked like.....

So Guillermo made a good point this weekend that everyone makes fun of Kenny G. Guillermo says he's a great musician. Now I'm not a Kenny G fan, don't like much instrumental music except the beastie boys instrumental cd, and I too think Kenny G is a cheese ball and a good musician. When and why is he a cheeseball? Poor Kenny G. It takes my sweet husband (you know, the metal head) to stand up for Kenny G when the rest of the world laughs at him.
Judah had the best drum circle with his Uncle James and cuz Dante this weekend. Between the three of them smashing sticks I heard a few awesome drum rolls! Maybe they'll be the next Blue Man Group.


In case you're wondering why the REAL drummer wasn't a part of this drum circle, it's because he was barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen- where a man should be!! I kid, I kid. I realize I am truly blessed to be married to a man that loves to cook.. and man did he cook up some mean Huevos Rancheros. Garrett, I could ship some cross country for you, I bet that'd be a great grand finale for your master cleanse!










2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Oh I just love the 'imitator' age. Thomas favorite thing to say as soon as he does something is, "Why? Why did you do that?" As soon as I hear this, I know we are in trouble. Hope you are well. Hugs to you all!

Robinson Family said...

I miss your sweet families and seeing you all have fun together. The friendship you have with James/Elizabeth and the boys is so precious and special!!!